So I am about 30 hours into Atomic Heart, and it is pretty fucking good.

It has its flaws that save it from being great though.

My biggest flaw is the "stealth" that doesn't work. Char-less insists on not attracting attention but that is pretty hard to do in open environments and even closed quarters.

The robots can spot you from a mile away. This means the game is more of pick your battles wisely.

The other flaw is the janky speed movement. Sometimes, P-3 wants to walk and other times he just dashes and runs for no apparent reason. This makes platforming annoying.

And  my last gripe but not that important is the main character's voice. It is too bitchy. Like we know Russia has been taken by robots and everything is fucked up but you don't have to be so whiny and bitching about everything.

Well, now that I have listed the bad things, I must mention the good things, which is the strong rpg aspects concerning weapon leveling, crafting.

Because of this, combat is fun, mixing tactics when beating the different robots.

Also the world is very interesting, it is like 1960s Fallout vibe set in Russia.

Good game, and I recommend trying it.

Another lemming who saltily shits on all the AAA games on PS and then tries to sell you on some sub-AA Gamepass fodder.

Xbox standards is a real thing. I'd have to live my gaming life through Gamepass :scared:

1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

Another lemming who saltily shits on all the AAA games on PS and then tries to sell you on some sub-AA Gamepass fodder.

Xbox standards is a real thing. I'd have to live my gaming life through Gamepass :scared:

Without playing it I can tell in all honesty that this game is much better and soulful than Horizon Floppity Flop

And that's a fact :dame: 

8 hours ago, bhytre said:

Without playing it I can tell in all honesty that this game is much better and soulful than Horizon Floppity Flop

And that's a fact :dame: 

Not sure if you're joking or not because this is exactly how lemmings think :tom:

I want to like this game, and it's a GREAT PC port, with solid Steam Deck performance.

I just can't get past the lurching movement. It feels fucking broken. I spent way too long adjusting settings, thinking it was microstuttering performance, but it seems like this is how they designed it.

Edited by sugarhigh