Trump indicted under espionage act, leaked nuclear secrets, military operations etc - 38 counts. Unsealed indictment includes Trump caught on audio recordings, txt messages etc..

• Goukosan changed the title to Trump indicted under espionage act, leaked nuclear secrets, military operations etc - 38 counts. Unsealed indictment includes Trump caught on audio recordings, txt messages etc..

A president from the top country in the world going to jail is embarrassing. I would have found other ways to punish him without it being so public. It sets an example that even the US is corrupted.

Seems like the only time you can get away with a crime is if you’re a high profile banker.

12 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

:|

You being from Canada wouldn't understand, but as someone originally from a corrupt country like Haiti, I've spoken to a number of immigrants who have moved to the US, also from their own corrupted countries who understand exactly what I am talking about. First world countries, especially the US, are upheld in such a standard that corruption seems unfathomable.

31 minutes ago, z,warrior said:

You being from Canada wouldn't understand, but as someone originally from a corrupt country like Haiti, I've spoken to a number of immigrants who have moved to the US, also from their own corrupted countries who understand exactly what I am talking about. First world countries, especially the US, are upheld in such a standard that corruption seems unfathomable.

Don't prosecute corruption because third-world countries might view your country as having corruption? :|

23 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Don't prosecute corruption because third-world countries might view your country as having corruption? :|

In simple terms, yes. The fact that corruption happened in the first place is already a worst sign.

On 2023-06-11 at 9:51 PM, z,warrior said:

I don't see why this means first world politicians shouldn't go to jail. If anything isn't that what is supposed to separate the first and third world governments to begin with? 

4 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I don't see why this means first world politicians shouldn't go to jail. If anything isn't that what is supposed to separate the first and third world governments to begin with? 

I thought of that, like punishing corruption would set a precedent that no leader is above the law right? And I agree with that. What I have a problem with is treating a leader of a country, one that, while some of us may not look up to, millions of others do though, treating your own democratically elected leader like crap, means it's fair game for any leader, to be also disrespected by those critical of them. This happened even before Trump, with slogans like "Thanks Obama" or "Not my President" or the January 6th riot because of Trump's defeat. Trump going to jail will seriously affect the country's unity.

3 hours ago, z,warrior said:

I thought of that, like punishing corruption would set a precedent that no leader is above the law right? And I agree with that. What I have a problem with is treating a leader of a country, one that, while some of us may not look up to, millions of others do though, treating your own democratically elected leader like crap, means it's fair game for any leader, to be also disrespected by those critical of them. This happened even before Trump, with slogans like "Thanks Obama" or "Not my President" or the January 6th riot because of Trump's defeat. Trump going to jail will seriously affect the country's unity.

Holding him accountable isn't  considered treating him like crap. 

On 2023-06-13 at 3:30 AM, z,warrior said:

Doesn't him not getting in any trouble also do that?  As far as I am concerned January 6th is entirely his fault. He's a fucking cancer.

8 hours ago, Goukosan said:

The fool went on live TV and basically admitted everything in an interview on Fox :kaz:

Lol I binged the news last night and kept thinking I'm hearing the interview wrong. I'm like is this dude getting exposed on Fox News just days after getting essentially a gag order by the judge.