Phil Spencer says he doesn’t feel an imperative to release an Xbox Series X Pro

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Nah... their last pro machine was a tremendous flop. 

Not worth the R&D for them. 

That too.  They're better off actually lowering the prices of their hardware that's out now, redesigning them to be smaller and more cost efficient.

Microsoft should just stop designing proprietary console hardware and just release Xbox branded small form factor PCs instead.  Make a nice gaming UI frontend mode for Windows which will run on it.. and then just put all their focus into building PC, cloud, and mobile.

I think a PS5 Pro is a mistake for Sony as well, but they might just go ahead and do it.  I personally think if they do that they'll be putting too much hardware (PS5, PSVR2, Q, PS5 Pro) out there and needlessly making the lives of their developers more complicated..  It will also make the full next gen jump less impressive when that happens as well.  The PS5 is selling extremely well, and they should just be looking at ways to make it more cost effective for them.. but we'll see I guess.

The Series S and them doubling down on it confirmed their exit out of a “Pro” model. Plus, they used X for the series model. What are they going to call it? I bet they thought Sony was going to sell something similar from the very beginning and they didn’t. Microsoft, yet again, read the market wrong. :reg: