Baldur's Gate 3: Launch Trailer

17 hours ago, JonbX said:

Damn i just got owned by these 3 big goblin dudes, went to try again and the part i rolled the dice on before the goblins the first time had a different outcome then i got owned again by different goblins :9:

I played this for 3 hours now, i think ima call it quits for tonight lol

You could always take advantage of save scumming. It ain't "honorable" but you're dealing with literal dice rolls so fuck that honor bullshit LOL. Lady Luck gonna try and be bitch? Nah, re-roll.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine if they had to wait 2 to 3 years for a port instead of a month

It’s bizarre, the game is lacking in RPG elements but SE still decided to pad it out to the length of a big RPG. I’m 40 hours in and wish it would just end already. 

Bethesda    Obsidian     Bioware      Square Enix      LARIAN STUDIOS

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Oh wow, that's a coincidence. I literally just ordered a PS5 barely 5 minutes ago because Best Buy has a good sale going right now. Hearing it'll work well with controller is enough to convince me.

Nice!  Yea, it's quite nice on the controller.  When you switch between M&K and controller, the entire UI design switches as well.  It's not some half-assed implementation where you can use a controller to move around PC designed interfaces... it changes it completely.

Moving your characters feels great, as you have direct control over them during normal traversal.  Feels good to run around like that. During combat it's like a typical tactical game where you move the cursor around then confirm and they'll move to that spot.  The buttons are mapped well, everything is easy enough to access.  I'm impressed with it.

I'm glad too, because this game is awesome to play on the Steam Deck, and going back and forth between them is something I'll be doing quite a bit.

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1

Oh and the game just crossed 814K concurrent players on Steam

Screenshot-2023-08-06-145144.png

I'm not sure how much higher it can go.  I'm thinking 830-850K max... but it would be amazing if it could get to 900K or 1M.

And just as a note, Cyberpunk 2077 sold ~7.5M copies day 1 on PC.. and reached 1M concurrent players.  Baldur's Gate 3 is likely around 5M copies already.  :whew: 

Bigger than FF16 on PS5 at launch.. that's for sure. :hest: 

Edited by Remij
46 minutes ago, Sabo said:

You could always take advantage of save scumming. It ain't "honorable" but you're dealing with literal dice rolls so fuck that honor bullshit LOL. Lady Luck gonna try and be bitch? Nah, re-roll.

I skipped past them for now but yeah i did save scum a few times so far. I went to prison for accidentally stealing so i did it there. I have no care for honor. Im playing on easy and i still find it pretty hard. And there is some fuck shit that can happen.

I revived a character in battle then after battle he died from burning. I went to help him and got wrecked from necro. Then i had to play some flute puzzle to bring him back and my whole team was basically dead. Luckily i made it back to camp. This game is a fucking handful :D

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, JonbX said:

I skipped past them for now but yeah i did save scum a few times so far. I went to prison for accidentally stealing so i did it there. I have no care for honor. Im playing on easy and i still find it pretty hard. And there is some fuck shit that can happen.

I revived a character in battle then after battle he died from burning. I went to help him and got wrecked from necro. Then i had to play some flute puzzle to bring him back and my whole team was basically dead. Luckily i made it back to camp. This game is a fucking handful :D

Your experience makes me want to get this :D 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Oh and the game just crossed 814K concurrent players on Steam

Screenshot-2023-08-06-145144.png

I'm not sure how much higher it can go.  I'm thinking 830-850K max... but it would be amazing if it could get to 900K or 1M.

And just as a note, Cyberpunk 2077 sold ~7.5M copies day 1 on PC.. and reached 1M concurrent players.  Baldur's Gate 3 is likely around 5M copies already.  :whew: 

Bigger than FF16 on PS5 at launch.. that's for sure. :hest: 

LOL FF XVI...

The more I hear about that game, the less interest I have in it.

How the hell is FFO: Stranger of Paradise, the SPIN OFF game, more of a Final Fantasy game than a fuckin' MAINLINE game?

The series has completely lost its identity.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Sabo said:

LOL FF XVI...

How the hell is FFO: Stranger of Paradise, the SPIN OFF game, more of a Final Fantasy game than a fuckin' MAINLINE game?

I couldnt care less about the new FF game after seeing what people were saying about it. I play it when it comes to PSN+ next year.

5 hours ago, Sabo said:

LOL FF XVI...

Yea, the combat is apparently pretty great, but it's the same gameplay loop repeated the whole game with no variety.  Cutscene, fight enemies, got to the next area, talk to NPC, fetch item, return to them and repeat..  There's apparently no interesting diversions such as mini games to break up the monotony.. nor are there any interesting goals to accomplish within the world... just bland sidequests fetching dumb shit for people and repeating.  The RPG mechanics are very very basic at best.

They're trying to find something which hits with the new generation of gamers I guess... nothing wrong with that.. but that doesn't mean we have to like it either.

Baldur's Gate on the other hand is like god damn... you want to roleplay?  Have fun!

12 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, the combat is apparently pretty great, but it's the same gameplay loop repeated the whole game with no variety.  Cutscene, fight enemies, got to the next area, talk to NPC, fetch item, return to them and repeat..  There's apparently no interesting diversions such as mini games to break up the monotony.. nor are there any interesting goals to accomplish within the world... just bland sidequests fetching dumb shit for people and repeating.  The RPG mechanics are very very basic at best.

They're trying to find something which hits with the new generation of gamers I guess... nothing wrong with that.. but that doesn't mean we have to like it either.

Baldur's Gate on the other hand is like god damn... you want to roleplay?  Have fun!

FFXVI is so goddamn weird man. My feelings on the game are constantly fluctuating in a way that I really haven't experienced before.....at least not in a long time. Its such a bizarre game :ben: 

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

FFXVI is so goddamn weird man. My feelings on the game are constantly fluctuating in a way that I really haven't experienced before.....at least not in a long time. Its such a bizarre game :ben: 

Yea, I hear the story is good and the combat is great, but it can be a massive slog at times.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Yea, I hear the story is good and the combat is great, but it can be a massive slog at times.

Both the story and combat have their own issues. The game at its core tries to be Game Of Thrones, which are actually the strongest parts, but then all of a sudden it'll inject moments of over the top fantasy/supernatural stuff that just seems completely out of place (even by regular FF standards). The combat can be quite flashy especially when you try to set your skills so you can juggle enemies DMC style, but ultimately it can be a bit shallow because of the damage sponge enemies and the fact that its sorely lacking in RPG elements.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sabo said:

I get the feeling this is going to be the "Witcher 3" of this console gen.

It's the Divinity Original Sin 2 of the generation. 

I think most people aren't aware how successful that game was and that it got critical reception equal or better than Witcher 3's. 

• aitch 1