Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart peaks at less than 9k concurrent players on Steam, third worst PC launch for PlayStation game

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Hermits essentially only buy only 3 types of games:

Massive RPGs with excessive amounts of content

Boring MP shooters

Repetitive indie roguelikes

So I can't say this is surprising. They've always valued quantity over quality.

Not true at all.

All game genres can do well on PC.

What PC gamers don't give a shit about is visual splendor being the main thing your game excels at.... because there are better games to play on PC than full priced 2 year old Playstation hand-me-downs... and that's reflected in the sales figures.

Sony have just been fucking stupid with their strategy.  Port the games PC gamers would give a shit about.  Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, Gran Turismo 7, and Ghost of Tsushima... for example.  And release them at $50 max.... and you'll sell tons more and generate better word of mouth.

$70 Ratshit... 2 years later isn't going to be a hit with PC gamers... :danylol:

8 hours ago, Remij said:

Not true at all.

What PC gamers don't give a shit about is visual splendor being the main thing your game excels at.... because there are better games to play on PC than full priced 2 year old Playstation hand-me-downs... and that's reflected in the sales figures.

Sony have just been fucking stupid with their strategy.  Port the games PC gamers would give a shit about.  Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, Gran Turismo 7, and Ghost of Tsushima... for example.  And release them at $50 max.... and you'll sell tons more and generate better word of mouth.

$70 Ratshit... 2 years later isn't going to be a hit with PC gamers... :danylol:

Its impressive how quickly you go from praising PS5 ports to turning on them :D 

If you regularly browse the steam forums like I do, the most common trend I see is people complaining about how game X isn't worth its asking price because its short and doesn't offer enough content/replayability, and in many cases they'll compare it to game Y which is often from a completely different genre to justify their argument. Hermits often come off as childish 14 year olds with a limited allowance of money.

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, Remij said:

Not true at all.

Should have went with my strategy of porting older games first and slowly moving forward to newer titles.

I don't even understand why you don't like this idea when you are begging for a PS4 game that came out 9 years ago. And late PS4 lifespan games like Ghost of Tsushima still looks fantastic and would scale better on older PCs. 

Meanwhile you have a full price and graphically demanding Ratchet game that doesn't sell. But then again, PC gamers haven't played the previous 9 games in the series. Let's start PC gamers with Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank 10. Also, let's make sure we don't port any PS4 games that could greatly benefits from better PC hardware like The Last Guardian which ran at 20FPS on Playstation. Brilliant planning. 

Like I can't believe SOTC PS4 remake isn't on PC at a budget price. That would sell more than any other games. It's far more legendary and loved than Ratshit or Returnal. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Its impressive how quickly you go from praising PS5 ports to turning on them :D 

If you regularly browse the steam forums like I do, the most common trend I see is people complaining about how game X isn't worth its asking price because its short and doesn't offer enough content/replayability, and in many cases they'll compare it to game Y which is often from a completely different genre to justify their argument. Hermits often come off as childish 14 year olds with a limited allowance of money.

I'm "talking shit" about PS5 games with love...  I've been calling Ratchet "Ratshit" for a long time now.  The game is great, I'm loving it.

There's so much entitled shitposting on the Steam forums.. lmfao.. some people are just the worst :D 

But in many cases.. like what you said, they aren't necessarily wrong.  People value things differently.. as I've said, PC gamers in general don't give a shit about Sony game's amazing graphics :adhd:   They aren't looking for a console game to validate their PC purchase like console gamers do with their exclusives.  They want deep combat systems, simulations, wackiness, and choice.. along with good stories and new interesting ideas.

Ratchet and Clank would have done better at $40.. and if they would actually market these games a bit... and if they had picked a slightly better time to release it.  Ratchet itself though just isn't a franchise PC gamers would really care about. :shrug: 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Should have went with my strategy of porting older games first and slowly moving forward to newer titles.

I don't even understand why you don't like this idea when you are begging for a PS4 game that came out 9 years ago. And late PS4 lifespan games like Ghost of Tsushima still looks fantastic and would scale better on older PCs. 

Meanwhile you have a full price and graphically demanding Ratchet game that doesn't sell. But then again, PC gamers haven't played the previous 9 games in the series. Let's start PC gamers with Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank 10. Also, let's make sure we don't port any PS4 games that could greatly benefits from better PC hardware like The Last Guardian which ran at 20FPS on Playstation. Brilliant planning. 

Like I can't believe SOTC PS4 remake isn't on PC at a budget price. That would sell more than any other games. It's far more legendary and loved than Ratshit or Returnal. 

They should have done things differently yes, but what they wanted to do is get their games with their current engines ported over... that will make future game ports easier for them.  So in the case of Insomniac and Nixxes, they did Spider-man... understandably a big game.. and ported Insomniac's engine.. and then Miles Morales and Ratchet and Clank were just obvious next steps, because a lot of the engine work is already done.

Same goes with Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy.. it got the Naughty Dog engine ported to PC, and that helped with bringing TLOU P1 over and TLOU P2 will likely be coming in the near future as well, as well as Factions 2 possibly day 1.  Even if these old games sell like shit initially.. Sony's still making money off of them, and they will continue to sell for as long as they want, and it will all be profit. 

Having to port bespoke engines like the one used in The Last Guardian, just for a single game that would use it... likely doesn't make any sense to them.  It would be nice if they did though.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Remij said:

They should have done things differently yes, but what they wanted to do is get their games with their current engines ported over... that will make future game ports easier for them.  So in the case of Insomniac and Nixxes, they did Spider-man... understandably a big game.. and ported Insomniac's engine.. and then Miles Morales and Ratchet and Clank were just obvious next steps, because a lot of the engine work is already done.

Same goes with Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy.. it got the Naughty Dog engine ported to PC, and that helped with bringing TLOU P1 over and TLOU P2 will likely be coming in the near future as well, as well as Factions 2 possibly day 1.  Even if these old games sell like shit initially.. Sony's still making money off of them, and they will continue to sell for as long as they want, and it will all be profit. 

Having to port bespoke engines like the one used in The Last Guardian, just for a single game that would use it... likely doesn't make any sense to them.  It would be nice if they did though.

I didn't think the of the ease of portage. I mean they still could do it but I understand it's less efficient. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I didn't think the of the ease of portage. I mean they still could do it but I understand it's less efficient. 

Yep, it's why games like Sackboy and Days Gone got ported.  Days Gone made sense because it's an open world game and PC gamers love open world shit... but the main reason they ported those games were because they were UE4.  Even if they sell like shit initially, the cost to port them is very low, and they can slowly trickle out sales over years and years, and they'll make some money off them.  And like I said, it gets them a little library of their games out, and once enough are ported, I believe they'll make a little PS store app and sell some subscriptions.

I think it's in their interest to offer PC gamers a sub service, because while a lot of PC gamers wont spend $70 on some 2+ year old PS games, a decent amount would probably drop $10-15 to play some of them from time to time.  That'd be a nice revenue stream for them.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

I think it's in their interest to offer PC gamers a sub service, because while a lot of PC gamers wont spend $70 on some 2+ year old PS games, a decent amount would probably drop $10-15 to play some of them from time to time.  That'd be a nice revenue stream for them.

That would need a lot more content before it's even feasible. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

That would need a lot more content before it's even feasible. 

Oh for sure.  They'd make partnerships with 3rd parties as well..  Wouldn't be any different than EA Play or Ubisoft Plus or whatever that is.

It'll happen eventually.

13 hours ago, Remij said:

It's coming :geese: 

GT7 would do good numbers for Sony.

LOL he keeps on saying that these full priced Sony games are destined to fail on the PC.

..........yet he keeps on PORT BEGGING for them:tom:

31 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL he keeps on saying that these full priced Sony games are destined to fail on the PC.

They ARE destined to fail, outside of a select few... because PC gamers don't give a shit about them, especially at that price and 2 years later :drake: 

That's why shit like Ratchet does under 9000k concurrent... and actual PC games do 800k+

But yea sure... we're begging and it's not you making up bullshit to help yourselves feel better about losing your exclusives :danylol: 

52 minutes ago, jehurey said:

PC has the biggest racing sim nerds fanbase. GT would be decent hit on PC. 

• Upvote 1