Baldurs Gate Discussion |OT|

6 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Damn thats worse than my PC by a lot. I was expecting 4k30 1440p60 basically locked up in act 1 and 2. And the load times...

Yea.  I figured that the performance would be sketchy on PS5.. but I thought maybe the loading times would be better.. but they're worse lol.

A lot of it has to do with the CPU.  It's a demanding game, and this game had to have been incredibly difficult to build and optimize with all the systems interworking under the hood.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i get to this boss battle and i lost two times. Ok my spell slots were low ill go to camp, rest up and come back for the win. Well, i was in a danger zone and cant go to camp.  Also couldnt jump ba

I just reached level 5 and im pretty familiar with how everything works now and i got some bad ass spells. Im about 20 hours into the game. Its amazing. I feel like im at the point where act 1 co

Big battle, in the midst of things ---- LEVEL 12. I GOT THERE BO........ ***UNEXPECTED ERROR GODLURS GATE NEEDS TO STOP****    First crash in 75 hours of the game. Patch 1 putting in work 

Posted Images

Just now, Remij said:

Yea.  I figured that the performance would be sketchy on PS5.. but I thought maybe the loading times would be better.. but they're worse lol.

A lot of it has to do with the CPU.  It's a demanding game, and this game had to have been incredibly difficult to build and optimize with all the systems interworking under the hood.

My SSD is nowhere near as fast as PS5s and loads way faster. Im guessing the PS5 CPU is MUCH better than mine too. 

Oh well i mean i played thru act 3 which was ASS and managed lol

13 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

My SSD is nowhere near as fast as PS5s and loads way faster. Im guessing the PS5 CPU is MUCH better than mine too. 

Oh well i mean i played thru act 3 which was ASS and managed lol

Yea it's a lot faster.  I'd say 2x as fast at least on mine on average.

Yea, it's not a game where performance is absolutely crucial.. but it's pretty rough there.

Crazy thing about this though.. is that Larian haven't really advertised the PS5 release at all.  Playstation put up a blog post and a trailer I guess... but there's been no previews of the PS5 version, and no reviews either.  It's just kinda been dumped out on early access for Deluxe owners and I guess that's it??  They probably just expect the strong word of mouth to do its work.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Yea it's a lot faster.  I'd say 2x as fast at least on mine on average.

Yea, it's not a game where performance is absolutely crucial.. but it's pretty rough there.

Crazy thing about this though.. is that Larian haven't really advertised the PS5 release at all.  Playstation put up a blog post and a trailer I guess... but there's been no previews of the PS5 version, and no reviews either.  It's just kinda been dumped out on early access for Deluxe owners and I guess that's it??  They probably just expect the strong word of mouth to do its work.

Its not a 3rd person action game so who knows if the cows will buy it. Hopefully they will.