Baldurs Gate Discussion |OT|

There is some stuff i got locked out of, some small stuff i skipped, and i read online that you can return to act 1 from act 2 . Well, that was only slightly true lol. Im gonna replay act 1 again at some point in time. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i get to this boss battle and i lost two times. Ok my spell slots were low ill go to camp, rest up and come back for the win. Well, i was in a danger zone and cant go to camp.  Also couldnt jump ba

I just reached level 5 and im pretty familiar with how everything works now and i got some bad ass spells. Im about 20 hours into the game. Its amazing. I feel like im at the point where act 1 co

Big battle, in the midst of things ---- LEVEL 12. I GOT THERE BO........ ***UNEXPECTED ERROR GODLURS GATE NEEDS TO STOP****    First crash in 75 hours of the game. Patch 1 putting in work 

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

So i will say, that my least favorite parts of the game have been in act 3. But also, my FAVORITE parts of the game have been in Act 3. This game SLAPS. GOTF :juggle:

Never in a million years thought that you would have enjoyed this game man lol.  That's awesome :wow2: 

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Never in a million years thought that you would have enjoyed this game man lol.  That's awesome :wow2: 

Oh yeah me either. I was so skeptical about this and didnt want to waste 60 bucks but im glad i did. This is honestly one of the only games that held my attention this much. Like i want to know EVERYTHING. Everything is interesting to me. And i love the story and all the side stuff. I love the characters. I love the gameplay. I love the narrator. I LOVE. 

Out of the 80 hours or so i put in , there were maybe like 5 hours of meh to me. Thats a pretty good balance. This game had the gamepass effect on me. Tried something new, now i want more. I tried the pillars games and tossed them off fast . I do want to try those now since i understand how these games work. Im gonna get DOS2 at some point. And i want to go back to Wasteland 3. I enjoyed the time i spent with that but dropped it for some other game.

Nerd games :ahmad:

• aitch 1
Just now, JonDnD said:

Oh yeah me either. I was so skeptical about this and didnt want to waste 60 bucks but im glad i did. This is honestly one of the only games that held my attention this much. Like i want to know EVERYTHING. Everything is interesting to me. And i love the story and all the side stuff. I love the characters. I love the gameplay. I love the narrator. I LOVE. 

Out of the 80 hours or so i put in , there were maybe like 5 hours of meh to me. Thats a pretty good balance. This game had the gamepass effect on me. Tried something new, now i want more. I tried the pillars games and tossed them off fast . I do want to try those now since i understand how these games work. Im gonna get DOS2 at some point. And i want to go back to Wasteland 3. I enjoyed the time i spent with that but dropped it for some other game.

If you want a turn based game with great gameplay you might also like Jagged Alliance 3. The only downside is that its light on story and quests compared to the other games you mentioned.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

If you want a turn based game with great gameplay you might also like Jagged Alliance 3. The only downside is that its light on story and quests compared to the other games you mentioned.

You mentioned that is pretty hard but ill look into it. Im not big on super difficult games.

14 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Twinblade, yes. Pretty significantly. Im not sure the end result but i imagine its quite big. Good or bad, im not sure yet.

hmm thats interesting

Spoiler

The Dream Visitor in act1 keeps on trying to convince you that you need to consume the parasites or there will be a war that will end the world or some shit. I still don't fully trust her though and feel like its a trap.

28 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

You've got to have some shitty parts to make the godly parts that much more godly. 

Yes, DOS2 is another great game.  I know you're probably not wanting to go TOO far back in time... but there are a lot of good RPGs like this on PC from back in the day.  A lot of them are dirt cheap now too.. so you may just want to consider them at some point.

The MOST epic part of the entire game. OMG. It was all so perfect. This quest was by far the best in the game for me. The whole level, the atmosphere, the battles, the writing.  the music. :mindblown:

The boss had a theme song with VOCALS and it SLAPPED:biggums:

59 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

hmm thats interesting

Reveal hidden contents

The Dream Visitor in act1 keeps on trying to convince you that you need to consume the parasites or there will be a war that will end the world or some shit. I still don't fully trust her though and feel like its a trap.

edited cause idk if thats too much to say.

Edited by JonDnD
45 minutes ago, Remij said:

You've got to have some shitty parts to make the godly parts that much more godly. 

Yes, DOS2 is another great game.  I know you're probably not wanting to go TOO far back in time... but there are a lot of good RPGs like this on PC from back in the day.  A lot of them are dirt cheap now too.. so you may just want to consider them at some point.

I cant really get into old old games. DOS2 still looks current enough. If we going back like 10 years i prob wont be interested.

• Like 1

LMAO so after that fight somehow Gale lost his pants. Cutscene played and now he has no pants. This game :rofls: The loot drops tho :bow:

Looking at what i left to do im gonna guess i have at least 20 hours left if not more. I have numerous main missions and a lot of companion and BG missions left. I mean i welcome it but DAMN this game is big. Act 3 for me atleast is more time than act 1+2 together for sure. If i fully did act one i could see this being 120 hours +

Sorry GD, even if you tried i doubt this could be beaten in 60 hours.

One thing tho i hit level 12 a bit ago. Not being able to level up anymore does take a way a little bit. Esp when i see those FAT exp points pop up on screen. I think a level 15 cap would have been better.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, JonDnD said:

LMAO so after that fight somehow Gale lost his pants. Cutscene played and now he has no pants. This game :rofls: The loot drops tho :bow:

Looking at what i left to do im gonna guess i have at least 20 hours left if not more. I have numerous main missions and a lot of companion and BG missions left. I mean i welcome it but DAMN this game is big. Act 3 for me atleast is more time than act 1+2 together for sure. If i fully did act one i could see this being 120 hours +

One thing tho i hit level 12 a bit ago. Not being able to level up anymore does take a way a little bit. Esp when i see those FAT exp points pop up on screen. I think a level 15 cap would have been better.

Ha, thanks for the heads up. There will be a time when I have 100-120 hours to invest in a game. I’ve just been busy AF, though. I totally dig your enthusiasm for it. 

7 hours ago, JonDnD said:

So in regards to the companion quests 

Spoiler

Is it possible to fully complete them even for characters who you don’t have in your party for the majority of the game? Since you don’t have a good relationship with them I imagine the quests won’t trigger. I’ve been rolling with the same party for most of act 1 and I rarely switch any of them out just because I’m comfortable with their abilities and stuff.

12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Reveal hidden contents

Is it possible to fully complete them even for characters who you don’t have in your party for the majority of the game? Since you don’t have a good relationship with them I imagine the quests won’t trigger. I’ve been rolling with the same party for most of act 1 and I rarely switch any of them out just because I’m comfortable with their abilities and stuff.

what are the spoiler tags

I think im coming to terms with the fact that Im never going to finish this game :D Im going on vacation next week and when im back everybody will be playing Starfield so im going to jump into that

it doesn't help that im too much of a completionist. And wtf is up with all these games nowadays that have 100000 containers filled with junk scattered all over the place. I feel compelled to click on everything and collect it all. Its really a waste of time but it feels kind of necessary because you do end up making a decent amount of gold when you sell it all.

13 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

There have only been a few that i had to actually have that character. And they all asked me to come back with that character so you can just swap out for a minute then swap back. The majority of them ive done without the character and when you go back to camp they will have an icon over there head or it will prompt you to talk to them before the long rest. Some of them just happen randomly after a long rest.

• Upvote 1