Baldurs Gate Discussion |OT|

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This thing could be up your alley. Its basically a mix between a gaming laptop and a handheld

i've been eye-balling this:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1747803-REG/asus_fa507xv_bs93_15_6_tuf_gaming_a15.html/fci/24610

i do a lot of shopping there and i think that laptop should be strong enough for bg3 and some lesser demanding indie games.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i get to this boss battle and i lost two times. Ok my spell slots were low ill go to camp, rest up and come back for the win. Well, i was in a danger zone and cant go to camp.  Also couldnt jump ba

I just reached level 5 and im pretty familiar with how everything works now and i got some bad ass spells. Im about 20 hours into the game. Its amazing. I feel like im at the point where act 1 co

Big battle, in the midst of things ---- LEVEL 12. I GOT THERE BO........ ***UNEXPECTED ERROR GODLURS GATE NEEDS TO STOP****    First crash in 75 hours of the game. Patch 1 putting in work 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1747803-REG/asus_fa507xv_bs93_15_6_tuf_gaming_a15.html/fci/24610

i do a lot of shopping there and i think that laptop should be strong enough for bg3 and some lesser demanding indie games.

Thats actually a pretty good deal for a gaming laptop.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

That will play probably any game out at 1080/60. 

• aitch 1

Well I just played for 3 hours and a lot happened. I went into a rage and torched a house, I became friends with an underground society, I made evening plans with Shadowheart... thats not even half, plus I've got what I need to open a fucked up looking book, so that's just in my back pocket. The plot/quest development is just relentless. All kinds of stuff I found in the last 5-8 hours is just avoiding other major stuff so I can level up a bit.

I'm getting the hang of combat a bit. You can get sick advantages by dividing your group so that 1-2 enter tactics mode, but you can switch to characters who haven't engaged yet and put them in position to initiate a surprise. Using the group/split feature is really important for lots of scenarios.

Also throwing weapons like the javelin or spear do a good amount of damage.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

just bought it. Ya'll got any tips for newbies?

Probably obvious to most people......but i didnt realize you were supposed to find you companions when you get to a certain point, so yeah, find them.

Explore everywhere

On 2023-08-14 at 4:42 PM, -GD-X said:

btw, I stumbled on this while on ign. Another good option at a similar price 

https://www.ign.com/articles/deal-alert-hp-omen-16-rtx-4060-gaming-laptop

• Like 1

So i get to this boss battle and i lost two times. Ok my spell slots were low ill go to camp, rest up and come back for the win. Well, i was in a danger zone and cant go to camp.  Also couldnt jump back to the entrance of the room :mindblown:

So fuck it ill try again because my last save was 40 minutes back. Man i always forget to save. So i beat the boss! All his minions down except for 2. But guess what? They are on a cliff and it wont let me target them 🤬 I cannot figure out what to do. Magic missle, ranged attack, nothing. Nothing works. I finally got some characters up on the cliff and right next to them, NOTHING WORKS MY ATTACKS DONT WORK. I had like 1 turn left on Shadowhearts spirit ward attack and i finally walked into one of them and BOOM they both died.

Then I DIED. And my DEAD BODY teleported into OBLIVION. Nowhere to be found. Fuck it just be dead went to the ending of the room for an EPIC cutscene but hell i still have a DEAD main character nowhere to be found. Ok just click on the dpad. I found me, an orb on the OTHER SIDE of the cliff a mile away. Scared to death to go over there cause all my characters have 1 to 5 HP left and who the fuck knows TRAPS all over in this fucker of a game.

Fuck it, revive scroll time (only have 4 of these left :imageproxy: ) and teleport out of the room. Walking around back in the normal world....uh, theres only 3 of us. WHAT

I select my missing character and the most GLITCHIEST cutscene transition ive seen happened and im like OH NO THE DELL IS GONNA DIE I FEEL IT. It didnt :ironing: And i teleported my last character back to the world with everyone else and I RUSHED TO CAMP.

image.png.16df56b7435b8a7edcbf99fc3347de80.png

ITS OK, IM AT CAMP NOW. just hit level 7 and time to level up before i go to bed best game ever made 😭

• Haha 4

I'm playing as Karlach main and don't regret it at all. As far as early tips, get comfortable with the Split/Group options on the L2 menu (and play with a controller btw).

Lots of times you'll want to send 1 character to scout ahead, because the dumb group AI will wonder into traps and shit. Also if a character is drawn into combat, you can usually switch to the others and position them to surprise the enemy. Positioning at the start of combat is really important in general.

I created a rouge and have 3 other party members so far. Im in those ruins that you can fall into at the beginning. A lot of the mechanics and spells involving the spellcasters are the most confusing part of the game so far. Its going to take some time to get a proper idea of how that stuff works.

I want to play Divinity OS 2 with JonDnD. :pavarotti: 

These games are surprisingly awesome in multiplayer because they make no sacrifice to the gameplay, it's the same game with party members controlled by real people which opens up tons of new possibilities. It's just as their game as it is yours, no one is the main character. Your friends can even give answers during dialogues and mess up the conversations.

I have no idea how BG3 handle it's multiplayer but I'm just going to assume it's a pretty similar experience. 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Save scumming is not ideal in this game. The load times are way longer than in a game like JA3 for example where I save scummed like a bitch.

I don't know how many times I restarted fights in Divinity 2. First try = complete failure. Second try = made it but barely. Third try = destroyed everything in a few turns. 

You can always set up smart ambush by separating your characters. Knowledge of enemy emplacements and environment traps are key in these games. And it can fuck you up just as much as it can fuck the enemy. 

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Save scumming is not ideal in this game. The load times are way longer than in a game like JA3 for example where I save scummed like a bitch.

I doubt anyone is truly playing a righteous unedited path. I try to go with the flow a lot, but I still have like 10 deep backup plan saves. Otherwise you could force yourself into a slog, maybe unwinnable battle.