Physical version of Starfield requires 60GB update to function

11 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Discs are basically just a license key at this point. Next gen games could "ship" on a floppy disk.

xbox first party games definitely are, apparently. i can see xbox ditching physical since, well, xbox is dying.

Cows are so desperate for ownage that they will try to find anything and claim it.

So you have to update your game.

Ok, how come you didn't complain back when pos5 released with no games and you had 15 ps plus games to download to make use of that shitty console.

Edited by MalaXmaS

This kind of shit is fucking awful for resellers. Gosh, I think I would just refuse to buy Xbox Series X games. Not to mention, even if all the content is on the disc, most games have day one patches and are still buggy, so what's on the disc is basically a beta full of bugs.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Mr. House said:

This kind of shit is fucking awful for resellers. Gosh, I think I would just refuse to buy Xbox Series X games. Not to mention, even if all the content is on the disc, most games have day one patches and are still buggy, so what's on the disc is basically a beta full of bugs.

Didn't even consider this, you make a good point. Just goes to show how far down the shitter Quality Assurance has become when games are being shipped in broken and unfinished states and its considered 'normal'. We really need something like the Nintendo Seal of Approval from back in the day to be implemented.

Devs have become too comfortable with the "ship it and fix it later" mentality. Consumers don't help either, pre-ordering definitely plays a hand in the Devs getting too comfortable to begin with.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1