PC Gamer - Baldur's Gate 3 was a huge leap forward for RPGs. Starfield feels like a stumbling step back.

Todd Howard is leaving Bethesda right after Elder Scrolls 6 releases. He's only there to fulfill contractual obligations when they got bought out by Microsoft.

You can clearly tell that they didn't decide to make any changes to gameplay design, they just have their quest writers and environmental artists work for 8 years......that's clear and obvious time padding.

He's going to use up another 3 years, minimum for ES6, do absolutely nothing different in the gameplay department, and just shit out another game, and then he leaves and gets to cash-out his stock.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

true, one is a genre/generation defining game that met and exceeded the hype, and the other is sevenfield 

Sevenfield!   Don't worry, Bethesda will promise that one day it will be good like Redfall, Elderscrolls Online and Fallout 76 with years of updates.    

no, you've already admitted that you remembered that event.   you've already cried and gotten busted about this, like 6 different times already. crying more isn't going to change that.

Posted Images

i like how they mentioned this is the second time an xbox rpg studio got outclassed by an independent studio with a fraction of the budget 

"When The Outer Worlds was first announced in 2017, I was super excited. A new Fallout-like game from the studio behind all-time classic New Vegas? What a pitch! But when we all got to play it two years later, the experience was muted, and I ended up putting barely a few hours into it before realising I just didn't care enough to continue.

It wasn't that it was a bad game, but it wasn't a very innovative one, and that meant its timing couldn't be worse—because just ten days earlier, Disco Elysium had arrived and absolutely blown the doors off the RPG genre. As Fraser noted at the time, The Outer Worlds could only seem limp by comparison."

fucking ouch :hest: xbox's rpg studios are all has-beens

5 hours ago, Substatic said:

It won last gen and is currently winning this gen.

no, it didn't

you've already acknowledged that you were shown comprehensive proof that it wasn't.

5 hours ago, Substatic said:

And runs/looks better than on Switch. Switch, best on

a Switch.......which you converted your hardware to.:drake:

He literally bought another platform hardware to CONVERT it to be another platform, altogether...............because he has no games:kaz:

33 minutes ago, jehurey said:

no, it didn't

you've already acknowledged that you were shown comprehensive proof that it wasn't.

He literally bought another platform hardware to CONVERT it to be another platform, altogether...............because he has no games:kaz:

If he "converted" his hardware to be a Switch... it wouldn't be called "emulation", idiot..   You see, there's no change in hardware.. that's kind of the point.. :drake: 

This dumbass just posting the stupidest shit to pathetically damage control the Switch being ENTIRELY REPLACEABLE :lawl: 

44 minutes ago, Remij said:

If he "converted" his hardware to be a Switch... it wouldn't be called "emulation", idiot..

No, that's exactly what it means.

The game is not running in a PC environment............he has to convert his PC to run in a different enviroment

That's literally converting your PC.

I love how my explaination has nothing to do with physically converting hardware, but rather what you have your hardware do.

And its not to run a PC gaming application...........its to run an application to be a Switch, to run a Switch game

:hest:He's actually going to meltdown because I keep on throwing this in his face.............and this is me not even bringing up that fact that he's literally having steal other games from other platforms because his platform is failing that badly.

• NPC 1
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

No, that's exactly what it means.

The game is not running in a PC environment............he has to convert his PC to run in a different enviroment

That's literally converting your PC.

I love how my explaination has nothing to do with physically converting hardware, but rather what you have your hardware do.

And its not to run a PC gaming application...........its to run an application to be a Switch, to run a Switch game

:hest:He's actually going to meltdown because I keep on throwing this in his face.............and this is me not even bringing up that fact that he's literally having steal other games from other platforms because his platform is failing that badly.

No, that is not literally converting your PC... the instructions your PC executes... are all PC native instructions moron.. you're not changing the environment the games run in... oh man this is funny watching this idiot attempt to explain this :kaz: 

LMFAO he just admitted that his explanation has nothing to do with what he said :sabu: 

no, it didn't

a Switch.......which you converted your hardware to.

There's no hardware conversion.  And now you're attempting to change your story.. which of course isn't working...  :tom:   

9 minutes ago, Remij said:

No, that is not literally converting your PC... the instructions your PC executes...

are not a game application, but an operating system environment.........that is meant to replicate that of a Switch

Congratulations, you just helped me prove that you are CONVERTING your PC into a Switch.

If you had an application specifically meant for MacOS, you would run an ENVIRONMENT to replicate the MacOS, and therefore you are not running a Windows game application.

I already said this.

• NPC 1
13 minutes ago, Remij said:

There's no hardware conversion.  And now you're attempting to change your story.. which of course isn't working...  :tom:   

Nope, you cropped out the next sentence which clearly elaborated and it 100% in line with what I am saying:

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

I also said ".......a Switch" which was a continuation of his last sentence. Which means that I was clearly saying that his hardware is being used as ".....a Switch"

And then the SECOND SENTENCE RE-EXPLAINS the previous part where I took part of his post and added a (corrected) ending to his sentence.

:lawl:BUSSSSSSSSSSSSTED

• NPC 1
Just now, jehurey said:

are not a game application, but an operating system environment.........that is meant to replicate that of a Switch

Congratulations, you just helped me prove that you are CONVERTING your PC into a Switch.

If you had an application specifically meant for MacOS, you would run an ENVIRONMENT to replicate the MacOS, and therefore you are not running a Windows game application.

I already said this.

It doesn't switch over to a new environment moron... it runs and executes the same native PC instructions. :drake:  Switch emulators utilize HLE which doesn't run games from within a wholly emulated Switch environment...it's not a low level emulator which actually runs the code directly.. :lawl: 

If that was the case you'd also need the firmware moron :tom: 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

It doesn't switch over to a new environment moron...

yes it does, there is absolutely no integration with the Windows PC environment.

Just like the MacOS application running within the VM you created to run MacOS would have nothing interacting outside of that environment.

Actually, Switch environment would be even less interaction with MacOS environment, because you couldn't even access online functions:drake:

The ACTUAL game, itself, literally has no functions compatible to Windows OS. You would literally hit menu options that would go nowhere...........since its LITERALLY not running or communication with the Windows OS:banderoos:

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yes it does, there is absolutely no integration with the Windows PC environment.

Just like the MacOS application running within the VM you created to run MacOS would have nothing interacting outside of that environment.

Actually, Switch environment would be even less interaction with MacOS environment, because you couldn't even access online functions:drake:

The ACTUAL game, itself, literally has no functions compatible to Windows OS. You would literally hit menu options that would go nowhere...........since its LITERALLY not running or communication with the Windows OS:banderoos:

God you're truly fucking stupid!! :cruise: 

Yuzu isn't running a "virtual switch"... it's not running the OS... it emulates some OS function calls using HLE...  This isn't low level emulation moron... the SOFTWARE of the console is emulated... not the hardware :kaz: 

It's NOTHING like MacOS virtual machines... MacOS can already run natively on PC hardware you fucking knob.. oh.. my fucking god..  Virtual machines are NOT emulation :lawl: 

Edited by Remij
Just now, Remij said:

God you're truly fucking stupid!! :cruise: 

Yuzu isn't running a "virtual switch"... it's not running the OS... it emulates some OS function calls

then its running the OS

Thanks for losing the argument.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

the SOFTWARE of the console is emulated... not the hardware :kaz: 

.........just like you would running MacOS:banderoos:

He just doubly lost the argument there.

Notice that he didn't say anything about the part where the game application literally cannot access functions, because its literally not communication with the Windows OS.

:kaz:He thinks screaming his failed argument is going to work.

• NPC 1
Just now, jehurey said:

then its running the OS

Thanks for losing the argument.

.........just like you would running MacOS:banderoos:

He just doubly lost the argument there.

Notice that he didn't say anything about the part where the game application literally cannot access functions, because its literally not communication with the Windows OS.

:kaz:He thinks screaming his failed argument is going to work.

You really don't know anything, and it's highly amusing for me :hest: 

• dead 1
2 minutes ago, Remij said:

You really don't know anything, and it's highly amusing for me

I love how he can't respond........he can only pretend that he's laughing, even though he's clearly angry:drake:

It'll be even funnier when he tries to project that back at me.

I also love how I pointed out one part that he couldn't address............and he failed to address it a second time, because he already knows that he can't, and it ensures that he can't win the argument. LOL

• NPC 1
On 2023-09-09 at 9:26 PM, jehurey said:

You literally just made this post up, that never happened. PC won last generation at GS and MC by around ~140 games....you can literally go check GS right now by filtering review date and scores. Hell, even if I'm off by dozens of games (I'm not) it's straight up still going to be a triple digit lead. :mj:

Edited by Substatic
2 hours ago, Substatic said:

You literally just made this post up, that never happened.

no, you've already admitted that you remembered that event.

you've already cried and gotten busted about this, like 6 different times already. crying more isn't going to change that.

• NPC 2
13 hours ago, jehurey said:

no, you've already admitted that you remembered that event.

That was just 1 year. Literally me and Goku were discussing 1 year, the year where Switch got a large number of WiiU re-releases and had it's library boosted. PC won the actual gen from 2012-2020.

Eighth generation of video game consoles - Wikipedia