Non-woke Ai is worse than woke Ai?

I guess the woke Ai thread died with the forum switch. Anyways, what had happened was... Twitter made two different Ai features live at the same time. One that creates content from the lovely geniuses that pay for Twitter blue and creates articles based on trending data and another to pool and highlight trending news.

In addition to this the feature also posted fake news about Iran missile striking Isreal. 

Another thing that the article didn't mention is the number of cops the story created which is more than the entire NYPD force has ever had. In parsing the jokes that had varying numbers from 1,000 to 5,000, the Ai just came up with the 50,000 number. 

Screenshot_20240411_142705.thumb.jpg.61ace71486581aa5d8298bc966adae4f.jpg

Grok appears to be aggregating joke tweets and spitting out an AI-generated answer as genuine news. You can see that from this post shared by X user BrettRedacted following the earthquake that shook much of the New York City metro area. The bot generated the headline: "Adams vs. Earthquake: 50,000 Cops in Subway Showdown," then reports how New York City Mayor Eric Adams is deploying the NYPD to "prevent further earthquakes," considering using "robo cops," and has ordered "every cop in the city" to "shoot the damn earthquake before it strikes again."

3 hours ago, Cell said:

Can I just have an AI that doesn’t force a political ideology on me? Is that to much to ask?

There's no such thing as woke AI or non woke AI. It's just how stupid people like Elon Musk see the world. The point I tried to make in the other Ai thread is strong guard rails need to be put in place and it's use competently utilized. Just leaving Ai to do it's own thing unsupervised is really stupid. 

5 hours ago, lynux3 said:

AI is stupid in general until you teach it

something. That’s why they say they upgraded it with a better LLM. 

It can't think, at the end of the day current Ai is basically a summary of a google search without a conscience. Part of what some people consider "woke" is trying are attempts at correcting past mistakes in regards to bias both accidental and intentional. Ai is going to become a bigger issue every year, mostly in nuisance or low stake ways until we reach the point where it becomes truly weaponized against nations/people.

On 2024-04-15 at 5:59 AM, Mr. Impossible said:

It can't think, at the end of the day current Ai is basically a summary of a google search without a conscience.

I mean in no way an expert but I have been messing around with AI a lot and this is what I think.

They're really just very advanced bots that can tackle complicated tasks. At least the AI available to the public. Image/video generators are basically what you describe but with an automated photoshop like ability to manipulate and create images. It takes from the internet everything it can and create vast database of useable content and imitates it, transform it, put it back altogether in seconds. 

Ai available to the public have a lot of safeguards and hidden directives. They're just tools. Probably the most efficient tools ever made. 

Remove the safeguard rails and I'm not so sure it can't develop a form of higher conscience though, or something similar, a will to do independent things it wasn't even programmed to do. That's not fear mongering, the algorithms are just that complex. They could potentially take several forms we can't even envision at the moment. Either way the technology progresses at a staggering rate. Months feels like a new generation of hardware just arrived, as it constantly self improve based on it's own work. I never seen any other technology progress that rapidly, compare it to video games. It's like if in only 3 years we went from NES to N64. 

Edited by David P