So I never really tried shrooms up until maybe 3-4 years ago. I was at a party and a friend offered me a chocolate, told me what it was. I was nervous because I heard bad stories about bad trips.

Up until then, I've only ever stuck with alcohol and weed. I used to think shrooms made you see shit that wasn't there. But the most visual thing I saw was the walls looking like they were shimmering, like water. It was pretty cool, and I enjoyed the experience. I recently took some chocolates my friend sold to me, and went to vegas. I didn't see anything too visual except that everything felt more "HD" if that makes sense? Like neo-lights popped out more, and I just felt like my senses were enhanced. Not to mention I felt more alert than drunk.

I was just looking around as I walked back to my hotel. Best part was that I think shrooms prevent hangovers.

Anyone else here ever delved in shrooms? What was your experience like? How do you recommend experiencing them?

I have. It was usually pleasant. Even the 'bad' times were nothing night marish like stories you've heard. I also don't think I took a crazy amount either. Usually just laugh more and feel a little lighter. Might attempt to understand things on a deeper level a bit. Nothing crazy.

That sounds like an awful time. I used to trip all the time and going to Vegas,  or anywhere with a bunch of craziness around sounds panic inducing :D

Good to hear it worked out but I would never suggest your first time taking anytime psychotropic in public. You definitely want to try stuff like acid, weed, DMT, or ayuaska in small contained spaces at first. 

There's more of a chance of doing something dumb or acting dumb rather than having a really bad trip. Which most cases is the person acting dumb lol. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Good to hear it worked out but I would never suggest your first time taking anytime psychotropic in public. You definitely want to try stuff like acid, weed, DMT, or ayuaska in small contained spaces at first. 

There's more of a chance of doing something dumb or acting dumb rather than having a really bad trip. Which most cases is the person acting dumb lol. 

Thanks, I took a minimal amount but your right.

If I wasn’t careful, who knows how stupid I could’ve gotten.

tonight I tried a little bit more, and while I didn’t see anything visual, physically I felt like I was melting into my chair. Like my body was made of air.

I then started to make some music on ableton. It does help me focus. I like this level. I don’t want anything crazy. 

But I won’t do this all the time. I have 1 bar. So I’ll probably just do it like once a month or with friends.

other than that I’m just sticking to good ol’ THC.

13 hours ago, JonDnD said:

That sounds like an awful time. I used to trip all the time and going to Vegas,  or anywhere with a bunch of craziness around sounds panic inducing :D

Ya I was nervous at first.

But I think the beers calmed me down a bit. I just felt good. I was walking with my cousins and was just hypnotized by the lights.

16 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

I’ve done acid and shrooms a few times each. Fun times but take way too long to wear off, better have a clear day ahead of you 

Ya, didn’t take a whole lot. Took a little more tonight but I work from home tomorrow.

20 hours ago, Twinblade said:

My cousin gushed to me about them but I’ve never tried them.

It’s an experience. How it goes depends on your mindset, environment and people around you.

one thing I’m told is that if you have unresolved issues about yourself, you could end up having a bad trip. 

22 hours ago, poopy_butt said:

I have. It was usually pleasant. Even the 'bad' times were nothing night marish like stories you've heard. I also don't think I took a crazy amount either. Usually just laugh more and feel a little lighter. Might attempt to understand things on a deeper level a bit. Nothing crazy.

Ya it feels pretty euphoric. Like physically and emotionally I feel at ease. Like I said earlier, this is the level I wanna be at. Often times I wanna be creative but I’m always restless. This helps.

3 hours ago, Chicano3000X said:

It’s an experience. How it goes depends on your mindset, environment and people around you.

one thing I’m told is that if you have unresolved issues about yourself, you could end up having a bad trip. 

It will change your life forever when you take them

in a good way though, it allows you to think in a different perspective 

never had a bad trip tho or never even “forgot” that I took a drug. I was still in control for the most part… outside of those fucking laughing fits 

Edited by Tears of the Cows

I had a bad trip when I was a teen we all ate acid and was running through the woods at night from the cops and I ended up getting lost lmao it was terrible

I'm too nervous now to do any drug like that now. Acid was the best drug I've ever done tho. So amazing.

4 hours ago, JonDnD said:

I had a bad trip when I was a teen we all ate acid and was running through the woods at night from the cops and I ended up getting lost lmao it was terrible

I'm too nervous now to do any drug like that now. Acid was the best drug I've ever done tho. So amazing.

I'd never do acid. I don't do psychedelics well, not even weed well. However with work I can't touch any drugs now anyways. Id def lightly smoke and lightly do shrooms if I could tho cuz I feel like it was beneficial in moderation.

Acid is amazing. It made everything better. I remember walking around the rich neighborhoods tripping hard watching Christmas lights. 

I went to a Lazer show once on acid it was amazing too.

Even small things, like staring at a small oil leak on the asphalt. Prob looked at that for over an hour.

I did it for about a year in my late teens . Often. Like every other day. Mushrooms were simila, just didn't last as long.

I'd be scared to death of it now tho. The thought of tripping balls for 10+ hours now is frightening lol

14 hours ago, JonDnD said:

Acid is amazing. It made everything better. I remember walking around the rich neighborhoods tripping hard watching Christmas lights. 

I went to a Lazer show once on acid it was amazing too.

Even small things, like staring at a small oil leak on the asphalt. Prob looked at that for over an hour.

I did it for about a year in my late teens . Often. Like every other day. Mushrooms were simila, just didn't last as long.

I'd be scared to death of it now tho. The thought of tripping balls for 10+ hours now is frightening lol

That's why shrooms are cool. Short trips.

The first time I took acid I was driving around lol. wtf is wrong with me. 

anyway, I stopped at a gas station and they had hot foods. The chicken and fries grew arms and danced to the music on the store radio. I laughed so hard. They def knew I was on drugs. 

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, poopy_butt said:

That's why shrooms are cool. Short trips.

Not short enough. Every time i did mushrooms it was still about half the length of an acid trip, which for me now its still a considerably long time.

I've done shrooms maybe like 20-25 times in my life. It's actually my favorite drug by far, makes me extremely euphoric every time. You never see me smile like this otherwise, I become like the most positive hippie your ever seen. 

10 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

The first time I took acid I was driving around lol. wtf is wrong with me. 

anyway, I stopped at a gas station and they had hot foods. The chicken and fries grew arms and danced to the music on the store radio. I laughed so hard. They def knew I was on drugs. 

LMAO, that's pretty crazy