Sea of Thieves true Metacritic score is revealed

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea, they're giving PS owners samples and getting better feedback.. surprise surprise  

WE HAF 2 WATE 4 MOAR REVIEWZ

Except Sea of Thieves has been very successful... since launch.. lol

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Based on 4 critic reviews :martin:

4 new critic reviews which is entirely the point :reg: 

:juggle: 

Edited by Remij
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

It's only 4 reviews. Granted Sea of thieves is better now after 8 years of updates, but using meta for 4 reviews? Lol

It's not that serious...  Clearly I'm making this thread because of how much I've argued for this game's gameplay loop over the years and how the game has improved.  I've always maintained the game was always better than what the initial reviews would say.  I'm simply confident we'll see now a better picture of what the game actually deserves today.

11 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's not that serious...  Clearly I'm making this thread because of how much I've argued for this game's gameplay loop over the years and how the game has improved.  I've always maintained the game was always better than what the initial reviews would say.  I'm simply confident we'll see now a better picture of what the game actually deserves today.

Yes it's not serious at all.. But 

The game wasn't better than the initial reviews said. Rare over promised and under delivered at launch. 

Reviewers can't review a game on its potential to be a better game in 8 to 10 years time.  

Just now, Goukosan said:

Yes it's not serious at all.. But 

The game wasn't better than the initial reviews said. Rare over promised and under delivered at launch. 

Reviewers can't review a game on its potential to be a better game in 8 to 10 years time.  

Yes it was better, even back then.  The game was always better than 4s and 5s out of 10.  The gameplay loop is 100% solid, and there was hours and hours of gameplay there.

It's simply better now.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Yes it was better, even back then.  The game was always better than 4s and 5s out of 10.  The gameplay loop is 100% solid, and there was hours and hours of gameplay there.

It's simply better now.

Nah it got what it deserved then, it's a better game now and is getting better scores now. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Nah it got what it deserved then, it's a better game now and is getting better scores now. 

We don't have to regurgitate the old argument when that's not the point.  The game has been better for years and years already even if you consider your viewpoint... so it didn't "take 8 years" to make it better...  It's taken 8 years for the game to be reviewed again.

My entire point has always been that if the game was reviewed again, and this is true for the last 7 years... that it would score differently than before which I've always felt wasn't truly reflective of it, even back then.  :shrug: 

Edited by Remij
1 minute ago, Remij said:

We don't have to regurgitate the old argument when that's not the point.  The game has been better for years and years already even if you consider your viewpoint... so it didn't "take 8 years" to make it better...  It's taken 8 years for the game to be reviewed again.

My entire point has always been that if the game was reviewed again, and this is true for the last 7 years... that it would score differently than before which I've always felt wasn't truly reflective of it. :shrug: 

That's great and all, but that's not the same as saying the game was just as good at launch when it got reviewed as is now.  

Again it's not that serious, we can also wait for more then four reviews as well 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That's great and all, but that's not the same as saying the game was just as good at launch when it got reviewed as is now.  

Again it's not that serious, we can also wait for more then four reviews as well 

Never said that though.  I just said that it didn't deserve the completely terrible reviews of 4s and 5s back then.  It was a solid game back then... now it's better.