Helldivers 2 has become Playstation's fastest selling game ever

Just now, -GD-X said:

That is crazy. But peeps love multiplayer games, so I can’t say I’m surprised. 

Yea, that's true.. but it's still surprising in the fact that this is a co-op MP game and not a PvP MP game.  That kinda makes it extremely unique. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Remij said:

Yea, that's true.. but it's still surprising in the fact that this is a co-op MP game and not a PvP MP game.  That kinda makes it extremely unique. 

Very true. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

It’s a massive hit. Sonys first GAAS game is a huge hit for them. I can’t say I’m too surprised, people love good GAAS games and Helldivers 2 is probably the best we’ve had in recent memory.

I’m very happy for ArrowHead, they deserve it. Sony is probably gonna end up buying them.

Edited by FIREPOWER

I just hope Sony won’t ditch story driven games for this stuff. There’s already a drought. ND is stuck in remake/remaster limbo and I fear Insomniac will only be making superhero games moving forward. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

I just hope Sony won’t ditch story driven games for this stuff. There’s already a drought. ND is stuck in remake/remaster limbo and I fear Insomniac will only be making superhero games moving forward. 

Well, Sony did the opposite of dumping single player games, and that's why Factions got cancelled. 

Hopefully ND get back on track now that they don't have Factions or GAAS distracting them.

I'm hoping Sony has learned that they can't turn a studio that primarily makes SP games into a GAAS studio. If they want successful GAAS or multiplayer games their best bet is partnering with a studio that primarily does that just like what they did with ArrowHead.

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Upvote 1

This is why first party should focus on expanding their IPs, not just constantly rehash the same franchises, you never know the surprise hit you'll create. And it isn't necessarily risky business, not when the games have AA production values, cheaper to make than a new Uncharted and comes with no gamers expectations.