New PlayStation CEO Hermen Hulst kills PC day and date speculation. (Lemij in shambles)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know whats funny....I was skimming through the Ghost of Tsushima reviews on steam recently and the sheer number of hermits begging for Sony to port Bloodborne next was actually insane   I almost f

Modern PC gaming: Sony Ports, forgettable indie games, and a brainwashed fanbase that continues to pour hundreds of millions into Scam Citizen 

This just aligns with what they’re doing now.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

This isn't killing speculation, this is inviting more speculation.

Hulst previously said "at least a year" for PC ports, now he's saying "a strategic approach". It's pretty obvious after Helldivers that Playstation is gonna want to get their games out on PC asap. It's probably 60% of sales at least. And it has wider geographic reach.

https://www.pcgamer.com/sony-says-itll-be-at-least-a-year-before-playstation-exclusives-hit-pc-unless-theyre-live-service-games/

Edited by sugarhigh
Just now, sugarhigh said:

Hulst previously said "at least a year" for PC ports, now he's saying "a strategic approach". It's pretty obvious after Helldivers that Playstation is gonna want to get their games out on PC asap. It's probably 60% of sales at least. And it has wider geographic reach.

https://www.pcgamer.com/sony-says-itll-be-at-least-a-year-before-playstation-exclusives-hit-pc-unless-theyre-live-service-games/

See that's the thing with these guys... all Firetard was looking to hear was "day and date" and because they didn't say that specifically...  he's acting like as if their strategy isn't malleable or that it can't change..  OBVIOUSLY they're not going to just come out and say "All our games are day and date now" to their investors... because as much as some investors would likely applaud that... others would scare easily if there's too big of a shift at once.

That's what Firetard is a tard.  That's why I never said they'd just come out and announce it fullstop like that.  They will release a game closer to release than before... test it out...  and continue to push until it happens.  Once their live service games are out and doing well reducing the risk, they will test the market.

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

See that's the thing with these guys... all Firetard was looking to hear was "day and date" and because they didn't say that specifically...  he's acting like as if their strategy isn't malleable or that it can't change..  OBVIOUSLY they're not going to just come out and say "All our games are day and date now" to their investors... because as much as some investors would likely applaud that... others would scare easily if there's too big of a shift at once.

That's what Firetard is a tard.  That's why I never said they'd just come out and announce it fullstop like that.  They will release a game closer to release than before... test it out...  and continue to push until it happens.  Once their live service games are out and doing well reducing the risk, they will test the market.

The really big deal isn't going to be the launch delay. We know that's going to get shorter. The big deal will be PS first parties handling their own ports. The PC version should be developed alongside the PS version and maintained by the team.

10 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

This just aligns with what they’re doing now.

Exactly what I’ve been telling Lemij for years now but he loves living in denial and his cope for Microsoft shitting the bed and flopping out of the gen is that Sony will be following their strategy soon :hest:

Just now, FIREPOWER said:

Exactly what I’ve been telling Lemij for years now but he loves living in denial and his cope for Microsoft shitting the bed and flopping out of the gen is that Sony will be following their strategy soon :hest:

Screenshot-2024-05-29-195730.png

:rofl: :rofls: 

3 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

The really big deal isn't going to be the launch delay. We know that's going to get shorter. The big deal will be PS first parties handling their own ports. The PC version should be developed alongside the PS version and maintained by the team.

And they will be.  If you see, that's what they've been building their studios up to do.  Naughty Dog and Sony Bend already developed their ports in house.  OBVIOUSLY their future games will be developed with the knowledge that the PC version will happen, so as conversion times shorten, it will be developed alongside the console version.

13 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

There’s no speculation here. He makes a clear distinction between their approach for GAAS games like Helldivers 2 and their tentpole single player games. 

GAAS games like Helldivers 2, Concord, etc. will be following the day and date model and everything else will be releasing on PS consoles first.

His last sentence makes their strategy crystal clear with this

“ We have high hopes that we are actually able to bring new players into PlayStation at large, but into PlayStation platforms specifically."

It’s as clear as it gets with no room for misinterpretation. The console is where they want their growing to occur specifically and they plan to do this with their single player games.

Just now, FIREPOWER said:

There’s no speculation here. He makes a clear distinction between their approach for GAAS games like Helldivers 2 and their tentpole single player games. 

GAAS games like Helldivers 2, Concord, etc. will be following the day and date model and everything else will be releasing on PS consoles first.

His last sentence makes their strategy crystal clear with this

“ We have high hopes that we are actually able to bring new players into PlayStation at large, but into PlayStation platforms specifically."

It’s as clear as it gets with no room for misinterpretation. The console is where they want their growing to occur specifically and they plan to do this with their single player games.

Remember when Herman Hulst said this?

Sure. I think it's important that we stay open to new ideas of how to introduce more people to PlayStation, and show people maybe what they've been missing out on.

And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn't necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don't have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware.

Because I do. :reg: 

First it was just one game... don't expect any other ones

then it was, ok.. here's some more

then it was, ok... we're making live service games

then it was... ok the live service games are day and date, but not SP games

then it was... live service day and date... but SP games are strategic

I don't know why you idiots set yourselves up for ownage like this.  You know it's going to happen. :hehe: 

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Screenshot-2024-05-29-195730.png

:rofl: :rofls: 

:jordan3: I mean if that’s what keeps bringing them money and releasing stellar games, I don’t have any problems with it.

Their strategy works for them and they don’t need retards like you telling them how to run their business. No one is forcing you to buy a PlayStation console, I choose to buy one because I don’t enjoy waiting for games like a peasant but it isn’t something that’s compulsory. 

:reg: Paul Tassi is a butthurt retard because he’s one of the idiots in gaming media that have been preaching how MS’ strategy was the right one for years and he was clearly wrong. 

Sony is following their own strategy, you can either get with it or not. They are the market leader and get to do whatever they want with their IPs. Business is booming for them and the retards you support at MS are about to turn Xbox into the next 3DO following a moronic business plan :cruise:

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Remember when Herman Hulst said this?

Because I do. :reg: 

First it was just one game... don't expect any other ones

then it was, ok.. here's some more

then it was, ok... we're making live service games

then it was... ok the live service games are day and date, but not SP games

then it was... live service day and date... but SP games are strategic

I don't know why you idiots set yourselves up for ownage like this.  You know it's going to happen. :hehe: 

You’re bringing up some horse shit he said at the beginning of the gen when he wasn’t a CEO. He’s the CEO now and he’s telling you their current strategy and how well it’s working for them but you want to keep sipping on Copium and living in denial. If their plans change they will change but as of now there’s no indication they are changing their release strategy for games going forward. Everything from you is baseless speculation with no evidence to support it. You’re coping like you usually do :reg:

1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

You’re bringing up some horse shit he said at the beginning of the gen when he wasn’t a CEO. He’s the CEO now and he’s telling you their current strategy and how well it’s working for them but you want to keep sipping on Copium and living in denial. If their plans change they will change but as of now there’s no indication they are changing their release strategy for games going forward. Everything from you is baseless speculation with no evidence to support it. You’re coping like you usually do :reg:

^ Oh man... :rofl: :rofls: 

Their strategy IS changing you fucking moron... literally right before your eyes.

You know whats funny....I was skimming through the Ghost of Tsushima reviews on steam recently and the sheer number of hermits begging for Sony to port Bloodborne next was actually insane :D  I almost feel bad for them. They have nothing of their own so they just crave Sony games.

• Geese 2
  • dead 1
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You know whats funny....I was skimming through the Ghost of Tsushima reviews on steam recently and the sheer number of hermits begging for Sony to port Bloodborne next was actually insane :D  I almost feel bad for them. They have nothing of their own so they just crave Sony games.

"They have nothing of their own":Jeff:

LMFAO we've got all ours... AND yours.  Shut the fuck up Twinky :mj: 

Meanwhile you clowns are out here begging for Gears Collection and Halo and everything else that you've spent the last decade hating :rofls: :rofl: 

Edited by Remij
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Lemij was probably one of those begging clowns. Everyday after bragging about being a Hermit here he goes to beg Sony for their 10 year old games on Steam :hest:

He’s mad and upset because there are people like me who refuse to turn to beggars for ports. I’d love to play Sony’s games day one on my PC but I have a brain and know that doing this will devalue PlayStation consoles and there’s no way Sony will do it. It’s part of what killed ShitBox even though Lem retards like Lemij will tell you otherwise. 

:cruise: The day MS made all their games release day and date for PC was the day they ensured I will never own an Xbox for any reason even  if they start making good games in the future (their current games are mostly ass). MS effectively cucked Xbox owners with this day and date decision and are wondering why no one wants to buy an Xbox this gen.

:jordan3: Their current strategy is very smart business and is basically the same strategy that Rockstar uses. Why devalue your console by releasing all its games on PC day one when you can still get people to buy them for PC years later and beg for them even if it’s for the opportunity to double-dip? Their games are hot enough to sell consoles, subscriptions, and peripherals by the boatloads. Why harm console sales to go after the PC market when you still have PC players that will pay full price for those same games years later? Makes absolutely no sense except to retards like Lemij who to no one’s surprise thought MS had it in the bag at that start of the gen :cruise:

Edited by FIREPOWER