Wukong and Space Marine 2 are probably my most anticipated soon to be released games

I tried the benchmark.  Got like 73fps with full RT off.  Looks gorgeous and runs smooth.  I noticed one stutter though which I think was traversal stutter.  With full RT on and FG, I got over 100fps and it was silky smooth.

If the full game performs like this, I'll be happy.

2 hours ago, Remij said:

I tried the benchmark.  Got like 73fps with full RT off.  Looks gorgeous and runs smooth.  I noticed one stutter though which I think was traversal stutter.  With full RT on and FG, I got over 100fps and it was silky smooth.

my buddy's 4070 struggled a bit, hitting 16fps in parts. he did try using high settings. he's going to try medium.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Pretty sure Wukong was part of Sony's China Hero Project so that's why there's no Xbox version.

Well for what it's worth, the publisher/studio has said that they have no exclusivity contract with Sony, so I think it's just a case of them prioritizing the platforms which are most popular.  In China PC is obviously huge there, as it is in other asian markets.  Then in the west PS and PC covers the majority of the market.  Xbox really just doesn't have any presence in China at all, so it gets the short end of the stick.

13 hours ago, Remij said:

That's trash for a 4090 lmao. Another UE stinker. Probably the worst one.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

That's trash for a 4090 lmao. Another UE stinker. Probably the worst one.

lol, yeah it could definitely be better, that's for sure.

Edited by Remij

Its manageable i guess. Without RT i got 107 avg at 1440 DLSS set to 75 and very high settings. Thats about the lowest i would want to be in an action game. Thats with FG on obviously.

With medium RT same settings i got 99 fps average.

I feel the framerates im getting should be the framerates without FG. But eh, Unreal Engine. What a stinker.

Messed around with the benchmark some more. At 1440p Native, No FG ,max RT max settings i averaged 25fps lmao

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Messed around with the benchmark some more. At 1440p Native, No FG ,max RT max settings i averaged 25fps lmao

Yea Path Tracing is taxing lol. 

To be fair, this game uses UE5.0 and not 5.3 or 5.4, so it's missing a LOT of the improvements that the newest versions of the engine have.

Edited by Remij

The fps increase you get from very high to high is massive. If i get this game, id have to play at 1440p DLSS at 75, high preset, FG no RT. That held me comfortably at a locked 120. But also nothing happens in this demo. So who knows what it will run like when a bunch of effects and other shit are running. They should have had something like that in this. 

3 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

The fps increase you get from very high to high is massive. If i get this game, id have to play at 1440p DLSS at 75, high preset, FG no RT. That held me comfortably at a locked 120. But also nothing happens in this demo. So who knows what it will run like when a bunch of effects and other shit are running. They should have had something like that in this. 

Yeah, that's the thing.  They say that it's supposed to be fairly representative of the performance you can expect while plaything through the game... ok.. but like what happen when you're fighting a few enemies and there's a bunch of special effects and weather effects popping off?

We'll have to wait to find out.

20 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yeah, that's the thing.  They say that it's supposed to be fairly representative of the performance you can expect while plaything through the game... ok.. but like what happen when you're fighting a few enemies and there's a bunch of special effects and weather effects popping off?

We'll have to wait to find out.

I think a lot of people are going to be upset lol. 

31 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

can't say im that interested in wukong especially after what im hearing about performance. Space Marine 2 is more appealing right now.

Just.... try it out.. it's literally free to test lol

Well thats good news. The benchmark for WuKong didnt seem to be a stuttery mess at least. 

Edited by JonDnD

As long as Space Marine 2 is 60fps I'll get it.. if not, then no. Simple as! I don't play fuck all for games anymore anyways, but if I'm spending 100 dollars for a game then it better run good.