Castlevania Dominus collection Announced (Collecton of DS Games)! Coming Later Today! [Switch, PS, Xbox, & PC]

pretty great to get these on pc. there's probably 100 hours of other castlevanias i'd want to play first, but i think a lot of them are still not on pc.

So there's no way to remove the 2nd screen. You can reposition it but it'll always be visible. Im no longer sure these games would be pleasant experiences on a handheld (at least not for someone with my vision).

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So there's no way to remove the 2nd screen. You can reposition it but it'll always be visible. Im no longer sure these games would be pleasant experiences on a handheld (at least not for someone with my vision).

Yea, I mean on a big screen, I think the layouts they have are great... at least they give you multiple layouts, but it would have been nice to also have a button combo be able to switch between both screens in fullscreen.  I wonder why they didn't think or bother to do that?  It would be simple as fuck to implement.

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, I mean on a big screen, I think the layouts they have are great... at least they give you multiple layouts, but it would have been nice to also have a button combo be able to switch between both screens in fullscreen.  I wonder why they didn't think or bother to do that?  It would be simple as fuck to implement.

Im trying to find footage of how the games look on the deck/ally but there's nothing so far.

I decided to try it on the Ally. It works well for the most part, there's still a good amount of screen space for the game itself.

However the most annoying thing is that the game has no graphics options whatsoever and it launches in a window with the windows UI still visible. Normally I would just alt + enter on PC to force it to full screen but I can't figure out how to do that on the Ally :ben: 

Just now, Twinblade said:

I decided to try it on the Ally. It works well for the most part, there's still a good amount of screen space for the game itself.

However the most annoying thing is that the game has no graphics options whatsoever and it launches in a window with the windows UI still visible. Normally I would just alt + enter on PC to force it to full screen but I can't figure out how to do that on the Ally :ben: 

this kind of bullshit is not a problem on steamOS thanks to Gamescope :ben:

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/gamescope

• Upvote 1

Played a bit of Dawn of Sorrow (enough to get to the 2nd area). Yeah these games still own. We absolutely need a new one of these. In fact Konami should try and strike a deal with Nintendo to make a switch exclusive new entry. It would be a huge success.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Played a bit of Dawn of Sorrow (enough to get to the 2nd area). Yeah these games still own. We absolutely need a new one of these. In fact Konami should try and strike a deal with Nintendo to make a switch exclusive new entry. It would be a huge success.

Fuck that.  Why make it exclusive? 

Edited by Remij
Just now, Remij said:

Fuck that.  Why make it exclusive?  They're not going to pay Nintendo to make a Castlevania game lmao

No but if Nintendo funds part of it and thats enough to convince a stubborn ass company like Konami to make a new one, then so be it.

Just now, Twinblade said:

No but if Nintendo funds part of it and thats enough to convince a stubborn ass company like Konami to make a new one, then so be it.

I edited my post because I realized I wasn't quite sure if you meant Nintendo makes the game, or they make the game for Nintendo lol.  But regardless, I'd rather Konami be able to do this shit on their own and build themselves up again across all platforms.  Their games can be popular again everywhere.

• Upvote 1

These screen layout options need work. The map is too small on the default one because of the stats screen. But if you swap to the layout that only has the map screen, that actually decreases the size of the main screen the game runs in.

23 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

These are handheld castlevania titles releasing on a... *Checks notes* handheld. 

The Switch isn't... *Checks notes* just a handheld.  And since it's not just a handheld... it would make no sense to make some exclusive "handheld Castlevania" today, whatever that means.