Moore's Law is Dead: PS5 Pro benchmark leak

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An Extra 200 bucks for such a performance increase is pretty good imo. 

*12 tflops*

Applying this retarded logic Series X is a rip off because Series S exists and no one should buy it. 

8 minutes ago, Remij said:

It will be 3 1/2 years old by the time the Pro releases.. and the 50 series is right around the corner.  

So yea, PS5 Pro is a nice piece of hardware sure.. but the gap is already there, and it's going to widen further within a few months lol

There are currently 20 GPU's more powerful than the PS5 Pro lmao.

This ranges from 1-10% above it to 230% plus.

:mj:

14 minutes ago, Remij said:

It will be 3 1/2 years old by the time the Pro releases.. and the 50 series is right around the corner.  

So yea, PS5 Pro is a nice piece of hardware sure.. but the gap is already there, and it's going to widen further within a few months lol

And its struggles in UE5 games. Hell my GPU struggles in UE5 games.

Going from the 4k upgrade One X and Protato 4 gave us at 500 bucks to an 800 dollar refresh that will be giving us 1080p perf modes is very MEH

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

There are currently 20 GPU's more powerful than the PS5 Pro lmao.

This ranges from 1-10% above it to 230% plus.

:mj:

There’s 20 GPUs as or more powerful than a 4070? 🤔

24 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

It's not as powerful as a 4070 you're setting yourself up for a complete embarrassment

I think it will be close and will depend on the game/engine. Ones which do well on Nvidia, perhaps not, but ones which do well on AMD it should be close.

I think Richard is mostly equating it to a 4070 because of the potential RT performance and the fact that it has some ML capabilities.

44 minutes ago, Remij said:

I think it will be close and will depend on the game/engine. Ones which do well on Nvidia, perhaps not, but ones which do well on AMD it should be close.

I think Richard is mostly equating it to a 4070 because of the potential RT performance and the fact that it has some ML capabilities.

Like I said between a 7700 and a 7700 XT, it's within an earshot of a 4070 but I believe a 4070 is fucking pipe dreams.

SSD! SSD! SSD!!!