Alan Wake 2 and other games on PS5 Pro runs at 864p (other PS5 Pro game details inside)

Lmfao. 

almost a dollar a pixel :deadest:

The Last of Part 2 - 1440p internal resolution at 60fps in this PS5 Pro Mode (same as PS5 Performance Mode) with improved image quality due to PSSR

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Between 1440p and 1800p internal resolution (roughly the PS5 Quality Mode at 40fps) at 60fps in this PS5 Pro mode with the same settings as the PS5 Performance Mode and using PSSR to bring it up to 4K

Alan Wake 2 - Two modes shown (864p at 60fps & 1260p at 30fps) which is the same as the base PS5 modes and they presume it's using PSSR and not the FSR in base PS5. 60fps clip has SSR but the 30fps clip could have RT.

Horizon Forbidden West - resolution didn't look 4K. They presume it's not using PSSR but hard to tell. Thinking it is using 4K checkerboard but again hard to tell. PS5 vs PS5 Pro has the Pro with higher detail.

Wizard Game : RT reflections looks better on the PS5 Pro but has some visual noise in the background. RT shadows might be mixed with SSR but look to be an improvement over base PS5. 30 fps in the footage but the presume it'll have 60fps modes as the base PS5 has it.

Gram Turismo 7 - RT reflections in game appear to be quarter resolution (1080p). 8k mode. Lower resolution (1188p) in the PS5 Pro footage and probably using PSSR to bring it up to 4K where the base game without RT reflections is a Native 4K. RT looks better than Forza Motorsport.

Dragon's Dogma 2 / Assassins Creed Shadows - DG2 looks to be running at 60fps and might be using PSSR. ACS looks to be running at 864p at 60fps

Edited by Long Ball Larry
  • Long Ball Larry changed the title to Alan Wake 2 on PS5 Pro runs at 864p (other PS5 Pro game details inside)

I think it's hard to say precisely.  If it works like their patent suggests (if one of the patents they have is what they've used for PSSR) then it may not be cut and dry like that.  It's nothing like a checkerboard style upscaler.. from what I understand of it it basically analyses the input image in multiple sections and then decides where gaps in the image are, then it uses an ML based solver to fill in the gaps.  So basically some large chunks of detail can be completely filled in and not rendered.  Meaning some aspects of the image may look higher res than others, but that it's not uniform across the entire image.. meaning just because you can pixel count edges in one area and arrive at a number, doesn't mean it's the same everywhere else..

Basically we may never know the true input resolutions of PSSR games, and DF might have to stress that in their videos when doing comparisons.  They might be able to analyze aspects of the image and say certain aspects look similar to X or Y resolution, but they can't state with any level of certainty that the entire image is that resolution.

• Long Ball Larry changed the title to Alan Wake 2 and other games on PS5 Pro runs at 864p (other PS5 Pro game details inside)

eFRi4hF.png

Pretty much.. it's been that way since these reconstruction techniques were being implemented.  Both Alan Wake on the 360 and Quantum Break prioritized visuals and effects over input resolution.  These new techniques are obviously much better than what was used in Quantum Break of course.. so as long as their IQ quality bar is being reached who really gives a shit what the input resolution is?  The best reconstruction techniques are always the ones that can do more with less, and we don't have any idea just what PSSR can do at this point.  It's definitely intriguing just by virtue of the supposed implementation being very different from anything else.

4 hours ago, Playstation Tablet said:

image.thumb.png.6830be067809304f5e293ea250662c13.png

Huge RT gain and much cleaner Image. 

ray tracing looks really weird in some games, calisto had some very weird reflections, but this picture is a good example of how good it can look - but I still think this isn't the exact accurate reflection? wouldn't these candles also be seen on the ground? maybe i'm just stupid

also cyberpunk with ray and path tracing is insane I stopped my car and looked at reflections of some water puddles more than I like to admit :D   turning into a pixel counting cunt myself :kaz: