• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude you might be the dumbest guy on this board, definitely top three.   

Imagine downplaying a cat 3 hurricane as selling panic lol   Imagine telling a minimum of 225 families that lost loved ones from Helene that they shouldn't be scared of a little water .

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

What are the chances that this turns down to cat 3 the moment it hits mainland and how bad is a cat3? 

man, anything can happen. i've seen 4's drop to 2's last minute.

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

man, anything can happen. i've seen 4's drop to 2's last minute.

I don't think anything is going to happen. 

Yes, it is a cat 5 now, but once it hits mainland, it will weaken itself out to a cat 2 or 1 faster than TCHBFR. 

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

I don't think anything is going to happen. 

Yes, it is a cat 5 now, but once it hits mainland, it will weaken itself out to a cat 2 or 1 faster than TCHBFR. 

there's a pressure system near the coast that could slow it down. that's what many are hoping for.

11 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Latest update, 4/hours ago, Milton downgraded to Cat3. 

All that crying for nothing, you pussies. 

A cat 3 can still be catastrophic 

A CAT3 for most people would be the scariest storm they've ever witnessed.  I saw one of those visualizations of what each of the categories looks like and what it can do.. and 3 is already extremely fucked up.

We don't get anything close to that around here obviously.. but I seriously couldn't imagine seeing entire streets and houses having 3ft+ of water.  Shit, if we get a little bit of water leak into the basement it's a big deal for us, and very rarely happens.  Our storms are nothing comparatively... but on the other hand we get absolutely fucked up Winter storms sometimes which are very scary.

Just now, Remij said:

A CAT3 for most people would be the scariest storm they've ever witnessed.  I saw one of those visualizations of what each of the categories looks like and what it can do.. and 3 is already extremely fucked up.

We don't get anything close to that around here obviously.. but I seriously couldn't imagine seeing entire streets and houses having 3ft+ of water.  Shit, if we get a little bit of water leak into the basement it's a big deal for us, and very rarely happens.  Our storms are nothing comparatively... but on the other hand we get absolutely fucked up Winter storms sometimes which are very scary.

yeah, a cat 3 is bad news. i've been through several. homes flattened. neighborhoods underwater. cars tossed like toys. crazy stuff.

• Like 1

Katrina was a cat 3. Milton was always projected to be weaken as it approaches land because of the shear it encountered. It getting so strong meant it went from a cat 1/2 projection to a cat 3 instead. The surge is also already baked in, the speed of the wind isn't what's going to fuck Tampa up.

23 minutes ago, Remij said:

We had quite a few tornados this summer where i live. None directly at my place but within 15 minutes . That was unheard of until now .

I think the highest wind gust around here was like 85mph. Just a gust at 85mpg can do massive damage . We ain't built for that here.

Now I can't even imagine a storm with sustained winds over 110 mph. That would just destroy Pittsburgh area. Add FEET of water on top . Idk how Mala thinks that's no big deal.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the footage is crazy, but the real stuff will feed in during the morning. This is merely an hors d'oeuvre. 
edit: 

sarasota and Tampa :mjcry:

my naples shouldn’t get hit too bad. Thank goodness.