Ryzen 9800X3D releases November 7th "Next Gen gaming is almost here"

15 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I'm assuming you want all that RAM because VRChat is a RAM hog?  Otherwise it's completely overkill for almost everything else.. unless you do some form of professional work on your PC?

But yes, that's great RAM.  6000Mhz CL30 is the sweet spot.  And same thing goes for the Motherboard.  Great board.

Outside of RAM capacity.. I'm looking at going with very similar components. B) 

I haven't been keeping up with PC hardware for the last three or so years, what's the story with this? New architecture or something? GPU/CPU on one chip that has been threatened for years? Just a damn powerful CPU?

:wonder:

11 minutes ago, Cell said:

I haven't been keeping up with PC hardware for the last three or so years, what's the story with this? New architecture or something? GPU/CPU on one chip that has been threatened for years? Just a damn powerful CPU?

:wonder:

Should be a bit of a bump over the current best CPU out there for gaming, the 7800X3D.

There's speculation that they've changed the order of how the chip is stacked and put the cache underneath the CCD instead of the other way around so it dissipates heat better off the cores, which is going to help them achieve higher clocks.  Remains to be seen though.

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Should be a bit of a bump over the current best CPU out there for gaming, the 7800X3D.

There's speculation that they've changed the order of how the chip is stacked and put the cache underneath the CCD instead of the other way around so it dissipates heat better off the cores, which is going to help them achieve higher clocks.  Remains to be seen though.

So higher clock speed. :ben:

Regardless, that price is looking :whoo:

25 minutes ago, Cell said:

So higher clock speed. :ben:

Regardless, that price is looking :whoo:

Basically.. as far as I know.. but it's around a 500mhz boost at least.  Which is pretty substantial.  Remains to be seen how it translates to games though.  Even if it's 10-15% faster on average, it makes the choice obvious for anyone who doesn't already have a 7000X3D series or 9000 series CPU.  This will be an amazing upgrade for anyone on 5000 series or lower.

32 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

'Next Gen gaming' by just being able to play the same console ports you have been playing for years already.

Yea, it's going from "the best versions of games" to "slightly better best versions of games" :shrug: 

we should start a fundraiser for twinb and get him that cpu plus other competent pc hardware for gaming

• Haha 1