The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Master Quest isn't that much more of a challenge, it's just a matter of adjusting to the new Dungeons.

It has more enemies IIRC.

Still by far the best Zelda.

The storyline is probably the most engaging, but it's still not far and away the best 3D zelda (shouldn't be compared to 2D IMO).

MM has more things to do, sidequests, character interaction etc. Plus the dungeons are tougher, longer.

WW has a much bigger world with more things to find.

TP has better dungeons, straight up.

SS has more interesting dungeon mechanics, mainly due to the timeshift stones. Plus the combat is deeper.

OoT does almost everything right but the sequels do at least one thing better. That being said OoT is still amazing but it's not way ahead of the others anymore.

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

I've fallen in love with Rayman Origins. At first it wasn't clicking but it's because I was playing it wrong. I was trying to blow through it in the same way I play more narrative driven games. I'm playing it like a platformer now: replaying, grabbing all of the collectibles, going for high scores and doing the time trials. just taking my time and playing chunks of the game every night instead of doing long 2-3 hour sessions.

Edited by -CM-

I do the same thing CM, the pace of the game really allows you to pick up and play. I love the way the worlds (and alternative versions) look and feel.

some of the atmosphere in the games is fucking amazing ( and kinda unexpected)

Anyone have any tips for Xenoblade Chronicles? I tend to get my ass kicked (or just barely win) fights with lvl.10 monsters when my party is all lvl.9. Also, what exactly is safe to sell? where can I get better weapons/equipment? or use the gem furnace?

Just gain a level. The per-level increase in power your characters get in Xenoblade is insane. The difference between winning in a walk and getting your ass kicked is often two or three levels if I remember right.

One of the major issues I have with Xenoblade is that because of the per-level increase in your characters power being so high, your level matters a lot more than your skill at playing the game. And some bosses have their difficulty set at a level that assumes you've either been doing a fair amount of the sidequests or killing almost everything in your path, and if you haven't, you're forced to grind.

I figured it had to be grindy as I'm pulling out all the stops during combat. There's no dodge or anything I'm missing is there? I have the PAL version d/l'ed.

I don't remember there being a dodge, and I couldn't figure out any way to avoid grinding with some of the bosses and I tried cuz I hate grinding. I finally quit close to the 40 hour mark (it's also a very long game).

But others obviously love the game.

the grinding is what got me to quit. the game just tries to pad itself with as much filler as possible.

I hate games that don't give a shit about the player's time. Should have been a 25 hour game instead of a 40-50 hour one from the sounds of it.

Master Quest isn't that much more of a challenge, it's just a matter of adjusting to the new Dungeons.

It has more enemies IIRC.

Still by far the best Zelda.

The storyline is probably the most engaging, but it's still not far and away the best 3D zelda (shouldn't be compared to 2D IMO).

MM has more things to do, sidequests, character interaction etc. Plus the dungeons are tougher, longer.

WW has a much bigger world with more things to find.

TP has better dungeons, straight up.

SS has more interesting dungeon mechanics, mainly due to the timeshift stones. Plus the combat is deeper.

OoT does almost everything right but the sequels do at least one thing better. That being said OoT is still amazing but it's not way ahead of the others anymore.

Agreed that every Zelda does some things better, but they also do some things worse. OoT I think is the most complete and the pinnacle of the series. I hope they make MM for the 3DS like they did for OoT. I'd love to play through it again as I only played it once, and I don't feel like hooking my N64 up to play through it.

castlevania lords of shadow. i love this game huge worlds, its challenging and the graphics are amazing i also love that it even keeps those areas you can go back with new powers and find hidden stuff

Gonna spend a lot of time with rayman this weekend. Currently replaying cordy (much better on kindle fire than iPhone), Pushmo and mighty switch force. I also want to try the re revelations demo again with different control set ups.