What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I wasn't really feeling Rings of Power s2 but it does sort of make up for the weaker first eps with the last 2-3. Really strong finish.

I was disappointed overall. I feel like they don't explain the rings at all. Also the lead is the worst part of the show. I was neutral season 1, but she's so out of place in the role. She's so tiny and always scowling. 

The scene where she emerged to protect the group of women and she's is the smallest one in the shot. They didn't even try to use a hero angle to compensate. They did set up an interesting seasons 3 tho. 

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Anyone gonna check out the premiere of Lovecraft Country? First episode is on HBO this Sunday. Reviews have been pretty great so far.   https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/lovecraft_country/s0

Posted Images

Shane McMahon comes across well in the Mr. McMahon documentary IMO.  He wanted to buy the UFC before it took off, took issue with Linda McMahon being on TV in saucy storylines with Vince like the one involving Trish Stratus and ultimately just wants to make his father proud (by taking high risk bumps in the ring in the process).

This bit is a bit disturbing.

Tony Atlas on Pat Patterson #netflix #vincemcmahon #wwe - YouTube

On 2024-10-12 at 9:03 AM, Angelfish said:

Shane McMahon comes across well in the Mr. McMahon documentary IMO.  He wanted to buy the UFC before it took off, took issue with Linda McMahon being on TV in saucy storylines with Vince like the one involving Trish Stratus and ultimately just wants to make his father proud (by taking high risk bumps in the ring in the process).

This bit is a bit disturbing.

Tony Atlas on Pat Patterson #netflix #vincemcmahon #wwe - YouTube

It was interesting to see the generational trauma play out from father to son to his son. They didn't go into that angle of it much but the WWE seems to have went into a Succession style drama for control that I am surprised the Netflix didn't really go into either. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

It was interesting to see the generational trauma play out from father to son to his son. They didn't go into that angle of it much but the WWE seems to have went into a Succession style drama for control that I am surprised the Netflix didn't really go into either. 

Yeah.  Vince Jr also mentioned about incest that he was involved in but did so almost like it was no big deal nor did he appear to be pressed for further details (unless they opted not to show it which I would find hard to believe?).  Believe it or not, Vince's Mum didn't pass away until 2022 after production started on this documentary so he may have not wanted to go there whilst she was still alive perhaps.