What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

41 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Just found out about the Justified follow up which apparently just premiered. Definitely gonna watch this at some point

Same. I’m going to wait for them to all release, though. It looks great! 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

On 2023-07-17 at 5:28 PM, Ike said:

It changes things up as it goes on and goes a little more science fiction than some people liked I think. But the twists and revelations are still some of the best around. This show still has the my favorite moment in any show I’ve ever seen. Also, season 4 gave us one of the best episodes of television ever at the time. They definitely could have trimmed it down nowadays but they were under order for 24 episodes so we get filler sometimes. 

Also, you sick of Kate yet? :mjgrin:

The Constant can easily be a standalone masterpiece :wow2: season 4 was excellent, in general. 

@Twinblade you are going to hate Nikki and Paolo in season 3. After the backlash from fans, the creators did something funny with their characters lol. Season 3, despite an incredible homestretch, is the hardest one to get through. 

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade you are going to hate Nikki and Paolo in season 3. After the backlash from fans, the creators did something funny with their characters lol. Season 3, despite an incredible homestretch, is the hardest one to get through. 

I was starting to get really annoyed with Kate and Jack 

Spoiler

It was driving me kind of crazy how they clearly liked each other but nothing romantic was happening between them :ben: finally on ep 8 of s2 they kissed so there’s that at least

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I was starting to get really annoyed with Kate and Jack 

Reveal hidden contents

It was driving me kind of crazy how they clearly liked each other but nothing romantic was happening between them :ben: finally on ep 8 of s2 they kissed so there’s that at least

Yeah, that’s a rollercoaster ride in itself. 

• Upvote 1

The latest character death was pretty emotional :mjcry:

Spoiler

Shannon dying. I figured that since Boone died in s1 and in the flashbacks we learned that she also lost her father not long before, that basically made her character untouchable for now. In fact if anything I was expecting Sayid to die, and then her story arc going forward would involve the continued hardships of dealing with the people she’s closest to being taken away from her. The fact that the writers said fuck it and killed her instead was a shock.

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The latest character death was pretty emotional :mjcry:

Reveal hidden contents

Shannon dying. I figured that since Boone died in s1 and in the flashbacks we learned that she also lost her father not long before, that basically made her character untouchable for now. In fact if anything I was expecting Sayid to die, and then her story arc going forward would involve the continued hardships of dealing with the people she’s closest to being taken away from her. The fact that the writers said fuck it and killed her instead was a shock.

Ana Lucia sucked so much lol 

• dead 1
10 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Season 3 begins well, it has a decent mid-season cliff-hanger, and then the last few episodes are really good.

Also, if you want the whole experience, play Lost Via Domus on PS3/X360/PC

Believe it or not, it kinda hints about certain things that we figure out about the island during Seasons' 4 and 5.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Season 3 begins well, it has a decent mid-season cliff-hanger, and then the last few episodes are really good.

Also, if you want the whole experience, play Lost Via Domus on PS3/X360/PC

Believe it or not, it kinda hints about certain things that we figure out about the island during Seasons' 4 and 5.

Man, our LOST group owned! 

1 hour ago, Substatic said:

About to watch the apple tv series called "Black Bird", heard it's good. About some dude going to prison or some shit.

97%/95% at RT. Anyone here see it and liked it?

Sooooo good! 

45 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

:D I forgot about the shitty tie-in video game. I should watch a playthrough of it at some point.

edit: Wow it was developed by Ubisoft Montreal :lul: 

I can’t even remember the game lol, but I had it. Man, LOST was the best show to watch weekly and dissect theories online. The community was insane, and some members would come up with theories that actually would’ve made the finale godly lol. It was truly a TV social event. 

13 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I can’t even remember the game lol, but I had it. Man, LOST was the best show to watch weekly and dissect theories online. The community was insane, and some members would come up with theories that actually would’ve made the finale godly lol. It was truly a TV social event. 

it sounds like it was basically the TV show equivalent of Demon’s Souls :smoke: there was nothing quite like the discussions around that game when it first came out.

• aitch 1
22 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Summer break always felt so long after the finales :mjcry:

• Sad 1
9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

it sounds like it was basically the TV show equivalent of Demon’s Souls :smoke: there was nothing quite like the discussions around that game when it first came out.

Yes! 

Back in the end of June I was able to get a good seat to see Oppenheimer at a true 70mm IMAX theater. But its not going to be opening weekend, its gonna be next tuesday evening after work.

And the good thing is that the movie will begin exactly at the advertised time. I've noticed that before with Nolan IMAX movies, they don't show previews. They go straight into the movie. So I'm gonna have to be ready and in my seat a few minutes before.

I just checked this theater that has the 70 IMAX showings, and every single show (4 showings a day) between release day until the end of the IMAX run (August 8th), every single showing has all of the seats sold out in the main section of the theater. There's only a handful of seats at the very front section, right up against the screen. Its really sold out.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Well...

Hide contents

She wasn't around for that long :ben: Michelle Rodriguez did a good job with that role though.

Spoiler

Poor Hugo though :(