What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah I think I really enjoyed it up to the 4th (maybe 5th?) ep and then I just lost interest because of the direction the story went in.

i'll let you know how it plays out.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I watched the first season of Invasion. It was decent, but boy was it slooooooooooow. Im hoping the pacing in the 2nd season is better.

The ending was stupid 

https://spotify.link/YzgH5IMgMCb

I think a lot of you would like this group. Made a playlist. They sound kinda like Tame Impala with a touch of Khruangbin and a few squirts of The King of Limbs Radiohead. Great summery vibes, their name is very fitting for how the music makes you feel. 

Edited by Cooke
17 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I watched the first season of Invasion. It was decent, but boy was it slooooooooooow. Im hoping the pacing in the 2nd season is better.

I dug the slow vibe. It wasn’t the traditional alien show. Season 2 definitely speeds things up.

• Upvote 1

You are so not invited to my Bat mitzvah is in my list of great movies with teenage girl protagonists. The rest of the list being:

Blockers

Eight Grade

Booksmart

Do revenge

Ladybird

and I’m probably missing a few, but off the top of my head this is it. And in that order too

• Upvote 1

I’m halfway through Special Ops: Lioness

It’s entertaining enough, if you can get past some the cheesiest, most cliched 90’s military-action dialog. I’m watching it for Saldaña and Kidman. Some cool parts, but I can’t say I recommend it unless you are in the mood for this genre. 

26 minutes ago, z,warrior said:

97% on RT is nice, we’ll worth it. What I didn’t know though were the actresses in the movie are his real life daughters. The main one was great maybe got it cause of her dad but she definitely acted well in it

I see no issues with nepotism in Hollywood. People do it in all kinds of industries.

• Thanks 1

Finished Special Ops: Lioness. I will say the 

Spoiler

Lesbian romance 

was hot, and grounded the show with a bit of heart and depth. However, the rest felt like recycled parts taken from (insert generic secret spy trying to stop a terrorist movie/show). The dialog was riddled with military cliches. 

5/10

Finished season 2 of Star Trek Strange New Worlds. What a season. This is such a good show. The strike is going to make the wait for season 3 so painful. 

I also wrapped up the most recent season of What We Do in the Shadows. This has been the best season in recent memory. So funny and every episode had its own highlights. 

Not sure what’s next; I’ll probably catch up on some movies. 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Ike said:

Finished season 2 of Star Trek Strange New Worlds. What a season. This is such a good show. The strike is going to make the wait for season 3 so painful. 

I also wrapped up the most recent season of What We Do in the Shadows. This has been the best season in recent memory. So funny and every episode had its own highlights. 

Not sure what’s next; I’ll probably catch up on some movies. 

What We Do is likeable, but it doesn't grab me. I gave it three shots (finally made it to like 5 eps lol).

• Upvote 1

The Flash and Shazam Fury of the Gods are unwatchable. I can’t believe I almost resubscribed to Max for them but luckily got the 7 day trial on my Amazon prime account instead.

put it this way, Black Adam was a better watch than both. I still finished them and I will still watch Blue beetle 🤷‍♂️

also… this. This is where Flash’s cgi budget went…:

spacer.png

On 2023-09-05 at 9:19 PM, z,warrior said:

The Flash and Shazam Fury of the Gods are unwatchable. I can’t believe I almost resubscribed to Max for them but luckily got the 7 day trial on my Amazon prime account instead.

put it this way, Black Adam was a better watch than both. I still finished them and I will still watch Blue beetle 🤷‍♂️

also… this. This is where Flash’s cgi budget went…:

spacer.png

Flash was fine, the CGI was terrible but it was a fun story. Black Adam was just bad, Shazam 2 was technically better than both but honesty watching a super hero fighting Helen Mirrin as a main villain wasn't captivating at all. The Rock was an idiot for divorcing Black Adam from the Shazam series. lol Motherfucker defeated the entire DC with his ego.

Edited by Mr. Impossible
  • Haha 1