How to build a PC... according to The Verge.

jesus, he put on the cpu last. I would go fucking crazy because I hate doing delicate things in cramped spaces, so there's no reason to have the GPU, RAM, or other cables in your way as you are placing the CPU in there and applying the cooler's heatsink as perfect as possible.

And even though they did make a point of saying that the pre-placed thermal tape sucks, they forget to say that you need to clean off that thermal tape before applying your own thermal paste, and that paste on the CPU's heatsink looks like he just jizzed on it.

Just now, jehurey said:

jesus, he put on the cpu last. I would go fucking crazy because I hate doing delicate things in cramped spaces, so there's no reason to have the GPU, RAM, or other cables in your way as you are placing the CPU in there and applying the cooler's heatsink as perfect as possible.

And even though they did make a point of saying that the pre-placed thermal tape sucks, they forget to say that you need to clean off that thermal tape before applying your own thermal paste, and that paste on the CPU's heatsink looks like he just jizzed on it.

Yeah :D

I just got to that part, and was thinking: Wait, did I miss the CPU installation!? I mean I guess if you have the stock cooler, I suppose it's possible, but Christ doing it inside.

Also, I don't think he removed the other paste, he simply mentioned they don't come with enough, and applied more... :shake: :D 

8 minutes ago, Voidler said:

What’s funny? That he put the CPU in last?

1. Spent $2K on a PC, uses the stock CPU cooler - I mean we're talking an other $40-$50...

2. A Swiss army knife/leatherman is a great tool in a pinch, but get a dedicated screw driver that will fit in there  - he kept having to put it on an angle whenever it came close to the frame of the PC.

3. Applies thermal paste on top of the original thermal paste - take about 30 secs to remove the original.

4. Takes all the components out of the box first.

5. No standard mechanical HDD for your media files/backup, but spends 2 grand? 

6. Chose ram based on the fact that is had LED's on the ram itself.

So yeah the CPU was hilarious, I mean it was clearly difficult/tricky to install (they couldn't even get the camera to capture it) - also he mentioned the CPU can be overclocked... Something I would fully recommend against given his thermal paste application, and lack of an aftermarket cooler.

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That is funny.

Especially considering that you could easily build a computer that beats X for about $700-$800.:tom:

Just like your PC. That's a big nope.

Go head. Do it right now.

2 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Just like your PC. That's a big nope.

Go head. Do it right now.

LOL do what right now?

laugh at you? Ok LOL

Love how Remij confirmed that my $700 pc that was build over 3 years ago is practically Xbox One X power.

You can imagine how much better I could do with building a very efficient $700 build with components from 2018. LOL:blessed:

41 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

No one who actually needed the breakdown should be putting their own PC together.

Also his choice of tools, like a swiss army knife is well....

:ccruise:

"Tweezers" :mj:

This kid is something else. How embarrassing.

6 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

No it doesn't. Proven fact.

Still waiting, you cant do it :D

You lose every argument LOL

I love how you are too scared to respond directly to me now.

LOL remij already confirmed it in that previous thread.

Go argue with him, if you think he's wrong.:blessed:

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

So you admit you cant do it ? That's what I thought 

No need to continue, you and I both know you lost 

Sorry, it was already confirmed by Remij in the original thread.

You already lost back then.  If you have a problem, take it up with him.:blessed:

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

Who the fuck is Remij to confirm ?  lmfao goddamn

Jercel, build the pc or STFU

You LOSE

He's no one, he's just the biggest PC advocate on the forum so people automatically assume he knows the most. I've been PC gaming longer than him and probably anyone on this forum. 

• Sad 1