Lone Echo II announced for the Oculus Rift

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Production value looks amazing.

More VR games is always a plus, even if I'm not getting it on PSVR. (maybe one day I'll dabble with PC exclusives VR games) :fblike:

For sure.

Apparently some guy from Venture Beat said that VR is getting it's "Super Mario 64" moment next week..

I have no idea what it could be.  Some people think it might be that Astrobot game.  He was asked if it was hardware or software related and he said software.  He's probably over-hyping whatever the hell it is, but it's kind of exciting.  I hope something awesome comes that really convinces people of VRs worth. B) 

He is talking about Astro Bot. Dude, the minigame platformer in The Playroom VR is the inspiration behind it and that shit, while simple was dope as hell. Everyone who played it was begging for a full game.

If it's that x10 then yeah, VR is getting it's first true fantastic platformer. I wouldn't go as far as to call it Super Mario 64 but it is going to be groundbreaking for VR, definitely.

I'm getting it %100 sure.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

He is talking about Astro Bot. Dude, the minigame platformer in The Playroom VR is the inspiration behind it and that shit, while simple was dope as hell. Everyone who played it was begging for a full game.

If it's that x10 then yeah, VR is getting it's first true fantastic platformer. I wouldn't go as far as to call it Super Mario 64 but it is going to be groundbreaking for VR, definitely.

I'm getting it %100 sure.

Yea it seems like the most likely bet.  

6 more days until Astro Bot. :juggle: 

and I'm getting Valkyria Chronicles 4, Dragon Quest XI and Fist of the North Star. I can barely keep up with all the great games. I even decided to skip a few VR titles like Firewall and Creed. 

Not enough time.

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

and I'm getting Valkyria Chronicles 4, Dragon Quest XI and Fist of the North Star. I can barely keep up with all the great games. I even decided to skip a few VR titles like Firewall and Creed. 

Not enough time.

I want to get Creed.  I have a Mike Tyson's Punch Out itch that needs scratching.  

Will play it sometime during the winter. 

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Not enough time.

You can skip FOTNS, that game is a certified dud :laff:

What a boring pos demo, it's just a reskinned Yakushit game :D 

Controls exactly the same, sub-stories the same, random enemy encounters the same, bar music straight from Yakushit 0, character level up... same :laff: 

Only media bias can save and inflate its score :hest: 

1 minute ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

The headset war is lame, we already have a console war, adding VR exclusivity battles between seperate headsets is lame as fuck.

If you tried PSVR you'd know there's no way it could run this game without looking like a GBA game

2 minutes ago, bhytre said:

You can skip FOTNS, that game is a certified dud :laff:

What a boring pos demo, it's just a reskinned Yakushit game :D 

Controls exactly the same, sub-stories the same, random enemy encounters the same, bar music straight from Yakushit 0, character level up... same :laff: 

Only media bias can save and inflate its score :hest: 

I know it's a Yakuza spin on FOTNS. I mean it's still called Ryu go Gotoku in Japan I think. 

I don't care, I think it looks great, love the setting, combat looks solid, and I love the RPG shit. The kills are epic. I'm still getting it.

3 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

The headset war is lame, we already have a console war, adding VR exclusivity battles between seperate headsets is lame as fuck.

PSVR is slaughtering all the other headsets combined and the only reasons you see PC exclusive VR games is due to the limitations of the PS4 or the fact they are indie games with limited means.

I for one I'm glad it's console gamers that are leading this market. I want VR to be affordable and easily accessible.

And Sony shouldn't port their VR games to PC, they need a selling hook. Don't give me that Spencer bullshit.

So did they ever reveal the raw specs of that new Oculus VR headset.

It appears that this is meant to play high end PC games, but its still based on the Oculus Go design by cramming all the processing hardware within the headset.  So no wires connecting it to a PC.

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

PSVR is slaughtering all the other headsets combined and the only reasons you see PC exclusive VR games is due to the limitations of the PS4 or the fact they are indie games with limited means.

I for one I'm glad it's console gamers that are leading this market. I want VR to be affordable and easily accessible.

And Sony shouldn't port their VR games to PC, they need a selling hook. Don't give me that Spencer bullshit.

Uh, the reason why you see PC exclusive VR games is because Oculus is partnering with notable developers to make them...

If it wasn't for Oculus... Sony wouldn't even be attempting this at this moment in time.

Of course, I don't think Sony should port their games to PC either... that's just ridiculous.  VR exclusive games for platform (PS4/PC) are perfectly fine... just like 2D games are.... The problem is that the headsets are proprietary.  If PSVR could be used on PC (I know it can with hacks) so people didn't have to buy another headset to be able to play PCVR games, then it would be fine.  Similarly.. if the Rift and Vive headsets worked on PS4.. I could just connected it and away I go..

That's the problem.  People don't want to spend $350-700 on a headset and then have to buy a different one just to be able to play all the games.

But it is what it is.  Who knows though... maybe in the future that will happen?  On the PC they are unifying the headset connection to a single USB-C port called VirtualLink.  Maybe the PS5 and X2 will have one, and games will just be made with general headset / control requirements in mind (and then tailored to specific sets based on the hardware it's played on for enhanced capability) and we'll be able to do that?

The only thing really stopping me from buying a PSVR is that I really just don't want to spend more money and have another headset lying around.  It's that simple.