DIsappointed at how corporate Giantbomb has become

Im sure not many people here care, but i need to rant. They were supposed to be a lot more relaxed and 'chill' compared to the IGNs or Gamespots of the world but their new studio completely ruined their vibe

They went from this:

image.png.f60475fb9ba902562d8c00949c61816a.png

to this:

image.png.f12e7f27f71b1eac1833dadd7ad362f4.png

I feel like this one move really sucked a lot of the soul out of the place

wait a minute, you're literally complaining about the furniture???????????????

they actually do LESS reviews now than when they started.

They did 21 game reviews in 2017. And barely have 6 game reviews through nine months of 2018. That's how far away they have removed themselves from being a traditional gaming website.

10 minutes ago, kaz said:

gaming journalism is a joke

Although its got to be a good racket - I mean look at the hours JonB and Deeno put into PR for Microsoft, and to think it's all pro bono...

I'm sure there are people who get 6 figures for what those two  do, albeit they wouldn't be able to insert as many smiley's into their press releases. However, it would make for epic reading.

I kinda see where you're coming from.  I was never really into Giantbomb over the years.  The one thing they do that I love are the E3 interviews.  Gerstmann is in his element in those kinds of interviews where he can get a little more personal and speak a bit more candidly than normal about things.  Also you can tell a lot of people respect him.  It's cool to see developers and higher ups in some of these companies make the time to go and have a talk about their stuff.

Most of the time though, they come off to me as bitter and disinterested in a lot of what they do.  It's understandable in a way... they've been doing this shit for so long.. it's gotta be hard to feign interest when you're subjected to the amount of garbage they are as part of their job.  It's not so much a jab against them... but I'd simply rather listen to people who are genuinely interested in what they're speaking about.

I've come to really like Easy Allies.  They give off that group of friends vibe, and they're always optimistic and excited and don't dwell too much on all the bullshit.

26 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Although its got to be a good racket - I mean look at the hours JonB and Deeno put into PR for Microsoft, and to think it's all pro bono...

I'm sure there are people who get 6 figures for what those two  do, albeit they wouldn't be able to insert as many smiley's into their press releases. However, it would make for epic reading.

Yeah, calling you a Dumbo is hard work LOL you stupid DUMBO

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

I've come to really like Easy Allies.  They give off that group of friends vibe, and they're always optimistic and excited and don't dwell too much on all the bullshit.

I like their reviews. It's like GT (GameTrailers) never really died. I don't watch their other podcasts videos and what not but they sure seem like a bunch of truly passionate gamers.

While GB sounds like tired old married men who lost their love for games a long time. Especially that fat pos Jeff Gerstmann.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

I like their reviews. It's like GT (GameTrailers) never really died. I don't watch their other podcasts videos and what not but they sure seem like a bunch of truly passionate gamers.

While GB sounds like tired old married men who lost their love for games a long time. Especially that fat pos Jeff Gerstmann.

Yep.  Pretty much my feelings exactly.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Yep.  Pretty much my feelings exactly.

We are seeing to much eye to eye tonight. I mean we are in mutual agreement too much right now. So I will reset the balance.

Forza Horizon sucks dicks. ;D And trying to good a good game on STEAM is like trying to find edible food out of a dumpster, it's a landfill for shovelware. 

:-* 

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

We are seeing to much eye to eye tonight. I mean we are in mutual agreement too much right now. So I will reset the balance.

Forza Horizon sucks dicks. ;D And trying to good a good game on STEAM is like trying to find edible food out of a dumpster, it's a landfill for shovelware. 

Stop stealing JonB's talking points; he needs the latter for next week.

12 minutes ago, Ramza said:

:D :D 

Good... the charade ends here.  It was tough keeping that up for that hour or so. :mad: 

:face: