NPD Sep 2018: Spider-Man has largest launch in PlayStation exclusive history, PS4 best selling HW

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

to be fair, the game appealed more to the classic TR fan who like puzzles/exploration (like myself). the combat sucked, the story was terrible, and the environments were 90% caves and water. 

Octopath was a legit killer app exclusive juggernaut. that game was sold out here for a good month.   Just goes to show the power of exclusives. Hell, that's why I picked up a switch and dit

As an FYI, the game really opens up when you're on the way to the Chapter 2 stories.  That's when you start getting sub-jobs.

*Posting this from slow Jonny back fired XB1 sales thread*

So im reading the NPD resetera thread. 

those  Xbox fanboys are so rabid that they chased the NPD analyst. 

He will now only respond to Twitter and not post NPD insight on resetera anymore. 

And it seems like the NPD leaker won't be sharing hardware anymore because he keeps getting attacked when Xbox does badly  :|

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

could have done better with a worldwide simultaneous release. 

Hope Square learned that for future big games. 

For sure.  I hope they realize that.  But at the same time I understand the apprehension in doing so.. in the case of Dragon Quest.  Hopefully the game has some legs and keeps selling well for them that they will do so without fear.

There's still the Switch version, which could do insanely well for them especially if they release at the right time, and if they add some new stuff that makes it unique from all the others.  I could see myself double dipping.

DQXI was the first Switch game announced and we haven't seen shit this TGS.

It's clearly going to be some custom version, like the 3DS one is. They might add some 2D world gimmicks or something that you can switch or something even if it's just the PS4 version downscaled.

DQXI runs at 900p 30fps on base, they probably need time to make it look good, specifically for the portable mode.

1 minute ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

It's clearly going to be some custom version, like the 3DS one is. They might add some 2D world gimmicks or something that you can switch or something even if it's just the PS4 version downscaled.

DQXI runs at 900p 30fps on base, they probably need time to make it look good, specifically for the portable mode.

UE4 has had lots of improvements for Switch which should help them more closely resemble the PS4/PC versions.  I bet you it doesn't end up looking that different at all.. unless they intentionally try to change the style of course... but I think it will be pretty faithful.

7 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

DQIX was designed on an older version of UE4 that didn't include Switch support. 

Square was waiting on some conversation tools (From Epic) to make the porting process easier.   They stated about 10 months ago that things are now moving along well. 

31 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

DQIX was designed on an older version of UE4 that didn't include Switch support. 

Square was waiting on some conversation tools (From Epic) to make the porting process easier.   They stated about 10 months ago that things are now moving along well. 

I don't really there is a magic port button regardless of engine or version. This is a huge IP, that will be played in portable mode by like 99% of people in Japan. They got to get it right.

Plus they might add more content, they need something for a late port, even if portability is the main appeal

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Wait a minute,

Dynocrap STILL hasn't shown his face in this thread?

So, its like the third NPD thread in which he has avoided it because the Xbox failed that bad????

He eventually shows up to shill.  Usually on page 3 or 4.