BF5's Battle Royale mode isn't releasing until March

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/24/battlefield-5s-battle-royale-mode-not-coming-until-spring-2019

Wow, EA and DICE are really making some baffling decisions when it comes to this game...

How so? It's not any different than later released content via DLCs. Air modes for example always with the last DLCs. And tbh I don't thinkpeople really care about battle royal

1 minute ago, kaz said:

How so? It's not any different than later released content via DLCs. Air modes for example always with the last DLCs. And tbh I don't thinkpeople really care about battle royal

If this had Solos & Duos, perhaps; but squads only :meh2:

Just now, Cookester15 said:

Whatever happened to releasing a game when it's finished? Something Nintendo hasn't forgotten. 

One of the dumbest things I've ever read.

3 minutes ago, kaz said:

They needed to have it close to release to generate more hype and interest, and also to compete with CoD. Most people will have shelved the game by March.

Just now, Cookester15 said:

Too dumb to comprehend? 

Maybe you don't comprehend that the game will release complete and they add more multiplayer content like EVERY other multiplayer game. Go check your privilege lol

Just now, kaz said:

Maybe you don't comprehend that the game will release complete and they add more multiplayer content like EVERY other multiplayer game. Go check your privilege lol

Go die in a gutter

• Like 1

Did not expect it to be that late... guess they started development much later than I thought. Could come out and fizzle out fairly quickly since all the BFV hype will have died down by then or could come out and be like a second release for the game and rejuvenate it. Will be interesting to see. 

41 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Did not expect it to be that late... guess they started development much later than I thought. Could come out and fizzle out fairly quickly since all the BFV hype will have died down by then or could come out and be like a second release for the game and rejuvenate it. Will be interesting to see. 

Well it's also true that the Battle Royale mode is being developed by someone other than DICE. 

https://www.vgr.com/battlefield-5-battle-royale-mode-dice/

A surprising revelation came just two days ago on Reddit. In response to fan speculation about the game; Ben Walke, Global Community Manager for the Star Wars franchise at EA, stated; “Royale is being made by a different studio, not DICE”.

:woo:

Edited by Teh_Laundromat
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Wtf, did not know that. Considerably less hopeful about it. 

Yeah I had heard about it, but didn't have any proof - so I held off on posting it; until I forgot about it, then Twinblade's thread reminded me.

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Criterion was mentioned as one of the developers...maybe they’re the main studio working on it.

lol no way last time I played a criterion game was burnout on ps2. :D