Nintendo handheld Sheep continue being proven wrong.Dragon Quest XI‘s launch sales have been the greatest in franchise history

Monster Hunter and now Dragon Quest.

but bu Japan needs handheld to make money!!!1

According to the NPD’s Mat Piscatella, Dragon Quest XI‘s launch sales have been the greatest in franchise history, which dates all the way back to Dragon Warrior on the NES. Perhaps more impressive, and maybe even surprising, is that he says the launch sales were more than double those of Dragon Quest IX‘s, which was not only the last core entry of the series to release in North America, but it was also published by Nintendo.

@Goukosan:fatcruise:

Hey you're late to the party. 

1) Octopath outsold DQXI launch. (in the US) 

2) They're talking about "dollar sales".   DQXI cost 60.....DQIX launched at 35.

Nice try though. :mickeyj:

@Ramza

3) The 3DS version (Japan alone) has outsold the PS4 version  WW. 

4) The Switch is getting this game too. 

5) Wrong about what?  I don't remember saying DQXI won't do well on PS4....  Its Dragon Quest.. it will do well. 

I said it will do better on Switch once it comes out. 

but bu the 3DS cuck version sold more in Japan :mj:

That's exactly the problem that makes the Japanese IPs forgotten in the west. What matters is a high end console versions sparks more interest in the west for the franchise than ever before. Forget about Japan for a second.

43 minutes ago, Ramza said:

but bu the 3DS cuck version sold more in Japan :mj:

That's exactly the problem that makes the Japanese IPs forgotten in the west. What matters is a high end console versions sparks more interest in the west for the franchise than ever before. Forget about Japan for a second.

Re read what I said. 

I said the 3DS version in Japan sold more than the PS4 version did World Wide combined. 

The 3DS version hasn't been released in the west as yet... but that will also outsell the PS4 version out west. 

Octopath also outsold DQXI in the United States :sabu:

No it hasn't sparked more interest.  The game cost almost twice more than the DQIX did at retail .... so any decent sales on PC and PS4 would generate a higher dollar amount in the west..... that's not rocket science. 

You noticed they did not say it sold more units? :cmpunk2:

14 hours ago, lostfool said:

Dollars and units are two totally different things retard.  You sound like fucking Deeno.  

That's not what my link says. :shrug:

Either way, more profit isn't exactly a bad thing either. 

MH and DQ are back where they belong. :juggle: 

14 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Re read what I said. 

I said the 3DS version in Japan sold more than the PS4 version did World Wide combined. 

The 3DS version hasn't been released in the west as yet... but that will also outsell the PS4 version out west. 

Octopath also outsold DQXI in the United States :sabu:

No it hasn't sparked more interest.  The game cost almost twice more than the DQIX did at retail .... so any decent sales on PC and PS4 would generate a higher dollar amount in the west..... that's not rocket science. 

You noticed they did not say it sold more units? :cmpunk2:

LMAO, DQXI selling more on 3DS in the west than on the combined PC/PS4, are you mental?

Octopath had no competition on Switch, still don't. :tom:  So yeah it sold well, whatever, not sure why you're bringing it up anyway. Switch isn't the 3DS, at least it's partially act as a console.

Making more money is a BAD thing. :D Oh no, it's not units sales, that changes everything! 

10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

That's not what my link says. :shrug:

Either way, more profit isn't exactly a bad thing either. 

MH and DQ are back where they belong. :juggle: 

The tweet I posted is direct from NPD.    Its dollar sales not unit sales. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

The tweet I posted is direct from NPD.    Its dollar sales not unit sales. 

I'm not arguing that. Lmfao you're like a robot.

IT'S NOT UNIT SALES IT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALESIT'S NOT UNIT SALES

:jonb:

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

LMAO, DQXI selling more on 3DS in the west than on the combined PC/PS4, are you mental?

Octopath had no competition on Switch, still don't. :tom:  So yeah it sold well, whatever, not sure why you're bringing it up anyway. Switch isn't the 3DS, at least it's partially act as a console.

Making more money is a BAD thing. :D Oh no, it's not units sales, that changes everything! 

The 3DS version outsold the PS4 by over a million in the east.    DQXI hasn't broken a million  on PC and PS4 as yet. 

Was giving context to your miss information.    It  is dollar sales not unit sales.   

You can have more revenue but actually made less profits depending on your intial investment. 

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Ramza was so happy it sold more.... until he realized it sold less. 

:drake:

It's making more revenue. I'm okay with that. :juggle: It can still outsell DQIX total sales in the west with time too.

Fucking handheld trash.  :D But bu those franchises NEEDS handhelds to survive!

Nope. :glad: 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

It's making more revenue. I'm okay with that. :juggle: It can still outsell DQIX total sales in the west with time too.

Fucking handheld trash.  :D But bu those franchises NEEDS handhelds to survive!

Nope. :glad: 

No one said DQ needs handhelds to survive.   Where are you getting that from? :interesting:

There has only been one mainline DQ game that launched on Hand Helds only (DQIX) 

DQ is the is most popular Japanese franchise...it doesn't need handhelds or consoles to survive.   It will do well on either. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

No one said DQ needs handhelds to survive.   Where are you getting that from? :interesting:

There has only been one mainline DQ game that launched on Hand Helds only (DQIX) 

DQ is the is most popular Japanese franchise...it doesn't need handhelds or consoles to survive.   It will do well on either. 

Go away.

am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about dragon quest despite growing up with both final fantasy and DQ. It's just inferior in every way. Always. Garbage franchise. 

15 minutes ago, kaz said:

am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about dragon quest despite growing up with both final fantasy and DQ. It's just inferior in every way. Always. Garbage franchise. 

DQXI > FFXV

And one of the best JRPG this gen. If not the best.

6 hours ago, kaz said:

I have never played a Dragon Quest game, but every mainline FF since 13 has been complete and total shite, so I'mma just assume DQ has been better for the last generation and a half.