Xbox is on the up and up.

Just now, madmaltese said:

You keep talking about fanboy vitriol like you're not the biggest one here :tom:

Everything you just posted is the context. When you just post revenue without the actual unit sales increase it is pointless especially when comparing Pre X MS to Post X MS. 

Like I said, watch these big figures (94% hardware growth) drop drastically now that they compare quarters that included X to ones that didn't.

Higher revenue means nothing if it doesn't relate to higher profits. The production cost of the X is higher than the S, I wouldn't even be surprised if they make more profit on the S than the X. Business isn't just about incomings so posting only Revenue is dumb.

They don't make money off of hardware directly, what they do is menial, it's a non-sequitur to the generation of profit; again directly. However what hardware does do is brings people into the software and services ecosystem which is where profit is generated. Revenue is vital to the generation of profit, the only way to increase profit in a business like this is to generate larger revenue streams, it trickles down with time. Being a loss leader at this level of the game isn't a bad thing because immediate results are not important. More and more money is being pushed through the division and that's always good, there's no way to knock it, it's positive. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Xbox hardware Revenue grew 94%, against a low prior year comparable due to timing of Xbox One X launch in Q2 FY18'     MS' own fiscal report states exactly what I said. That the

Xbox One X is a premium console.  The controller is fantastic.  I love the grippy-ness of the thumbsticks.  The controller itself is very ergonomic.  It feels much more quality than PS4'c controller t

TLHBR.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They don't make money off of hardware directly, what they do is menial, it's a non-sequitur to the generation of profit; again directly. However what hardware does do is brings people into the software and services ecosystem which is where profit is generated. Revenue is vital to the generation of profit, the only way to increase profit in a business like this is to generate larger revenue streams, it trickles down with time. Being a loss leader at this level of the game isn't a bad thing because immediate results are not important. More and more money is being pushed through the division and that's always good, there's no way to knock it, it's positive. 

Everything you are saying is exactly what I mean, you are literally proving my point. Unit sales is what matters because that is what increasing the amount of people on your platform, not posting 94% hardware revenue boost like it actually means much.

Exactly, they don't make money from hardware. Which is why this 44% gaming revenue increase mostly coming from a 94% hardware boost isn't actually as significant as it sounds when viewed only as those 2 large figures. Hence me mentioning context. 

You keep acting like I said MS isn't in a healthy position. I never did. Gaming overall is in a very healthy position, you can come last and still be successful which is great. 

Everything you are saying is exactly what I mean, you are literally proving my point. Unit sales is what matters because that is what increasing the amount of people on your platform, not posting 94% hardware revenue boost like it actually means much.

Exactly, they don't make money from hardware. Which is why this 44% gaming revenue increase mostly coming from a 94% hardware boost isn't actually as significant as it sounds when viewed only as those 2 large figures. Hence me mentioning context. 

You keep acting like I said MS isn't in a healthy position. I never did. Gaming overall is in a very healthy position, you can come last and still be successful which is great. 

All I'm getting to is there is relevance to their revenue gains, while the results in terms of unit sales may not be outlandish to the norm, the spending is. People are investing nearly double their money into the hardware, that's crazy. Now putting up a revenue monster like the X may not create huge strides in hardware numbers but software is a different story. I have no doubt in my mind that hardware relative X owners are buying more software, are partaking in more services, are spending more money that is translating into profit. Not because they are a more wealthy consumer but rather because they are responding to the results of the system, how competent of a machine it is, how well their experience is being catered to, how great their games are looking and performing etc.

A net neutral but huge investment like the creation of the X is likely more beneficial to Microsoft per unit than the S is, owners are excited to play games on it, they're more willing to spend money through it. 

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

All I'm getting to is there is relevance to their revenue gains, while the results in terms of unit sales may not be outlandish to the norm, the spending is. People are investing nearly double their money into the hardware, that's crazy. Now putting up a revenue monster like the X may not create huge strides in hardware numbers but software is a different story. I have no doubt in my mind that hardware relative X owners are buying more software, are partaking in more services, are spending more money that is translating into profit. Not because they are a more wealthy consumer but rather because they are responding to the results of the system, how competent of a machine it is, how well their experience is being catered to, how great their games are looking and performing etc.

A net neutral but huge investment like the creation of the X is likely more beneficial to Microsoft per unit than the S is, owners are excited to play games on it, they're more willing to spend money through it. 

You're acting like there has never been a $499 system before. Let alone a $499 system in 2018 which counting for inflation isn't that crazy a leap over past systems and a big drop over Sony selling the PS3 for $599 in fucking 2006. There was nothing crazy impressive about ppl being willing to drop $599 on the PS3 and their ability to do so wasn't some amazing positive for the industry or for Sony. 

Edited by madmaltese
6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You're acting like there has never been a $499 system before. Let alone a $499 system in 2018 which counting for inflation isn't that crazy a leap over past systems and a big drop over Sony selling the PS3 for $599 in fucking 2006. There was nothing crazy impressive about ppl being willing to drop $599 on the PS3 and their ability to do so wasn't some amazing positive for the industry. 

How many $500 systems have been released four years into a generation? Five years on into the generation and a year in the bucket for the X and it's clearly still selling like hot cakes. There's no comparative but the Pro sure as shit isn't lighting the world on fire. That old 20% figure they stated is no doubt antiquated by now and much lower while I'd wager X sales are increasing, not decreasing. 

Use that thing you call a brain to start thinking. This is still a thing, that's for all of 2018 in the US on Amazon which is no doubt reflected outwardly as well. 

4NhHBM6.jpg

Edited by DynamiteCop!
5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

It's cute how you and Dyno cheer each other on in threads. Almost like you need each others support 

and that's Mr Modmaltese to you sir :-*

It's cute how you got SLAPPED ,ho 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

How many $500 systems have been released four years into a generation? Five years on into the generation and a year in the bucket for the X and it's clearly still selling like hot cakes. There's no comparative but the Pro sure as shit isn't lighting the world on fire. That old 20% figure they stated is no doubt antiquated by now and much lower while I'd wager X sales are increasing, not decreasing. 

Nothing  you're saying is relevant to anything we are talking about (not to mention everything you are saying is assumptions). You have completely changed the conversation from relevance of sole Revenue figures to now talking about Pro sales. 

Nothing  you're saying is relevant to anything we are talking about (not to mention everything you are saying is assumptions). You have completely changed the conversation from relevance of sole Revenue figures to now talking about Pro sales. 

You're trying to compare launch systems at $500 and $600 to one that released four years in to a generation, the only one it can be compared to is the Pro. 

You introduced this tangent by saying something stupid, live with that dumb decision to talk about launch system prices. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

You're trying to compare launch systems at $500 and $600 to one that released four years in to a generation, the only one it can be compared to is the Pro. 

You introduced this tangent by saying something stupid, live with that dumb decision to talk about launch system prices. 

You mean the tangent from you shifting from relevance of Revenue stats after providing the context you said wasn't needed :hest: To then talking about how Dyno maths tells you that higher cost of system = higher spending in marketplace yet only relevant for mid generational upgrades not for any other console ever that was at that price previously. Then stating things with zero proof other than the always incorrect Dyno maths. 

All this from me explaining revenue statistics. Must've hit a sore point. 

10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You mean the tangent from you shifting from relevance of Revenue stats after providing the context you said wasn't needed :hest: To then talking about how Dyno maths tells you that higher cost of system = higher spending in marketplace yet only relevant for mid generational upgrades not for any other console ever that was at that price previously. Then stating things with zero proof other than the always incorrect Dyno maths. 

All this from me explaining revenue statistics. Must've hit a sore point. 

You didn't accomplish anything, you clearly understand the importance of large revenue gains, loss leading for financial gain in other capacities and how this yields profit yet refuse to accept it for Xbox because it has to be turned into some backhanded faggotry. Then you go on about launch consoles and their high prices trying to make it relevant and comparable to something like the X during the middle of a generation with base systems that cost 50-60% as much when options like that do not exist during a system launch. That's why I brought up the Pro, another system which is likeminded to the X but appears to be underperforming while this is not. 

Like really? You're scatterbrained. Gooberson 2.0

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Does anyone actually have the full report details or does MS still just group everything and we see no breakdown of anything at all?

Revenue as an indicator is ridiculous. 

For eg you could have (we'll use small numbers cause it's easier)

Q1 2018 Fiscal Year:

2m Xbox One S sold @ $250  = $500m Revenue

Q1 2019 FY: 

1m Xbox One S sold @ $250 = $250M

+

1m Xbox One X sold @ $500 = $500M

Congratulations, that's a gigantic 50% Revenue growth with Unit Sales growth as 0%

Actually the unit sales were down YOY according to that resetera thread. Lol

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You didn't accomplish anything, you clearly understand the importance of large revenue gains, loss leading for financial gain in other capacities and how this yields profit yet refuse to accept it for Xbox because it has to be turned into some backhanded faggotry. Then you go on about launch consoles and their high prices trying to make it relevant and comparable to something like the X during the middle of a generation with base systems that cost 50-60% as much when options like that do not exist during a system launch. That's why I brought up the Pro, another system which is likeminded to the X but appears to be underperforming while this is not. 

Like really? You're scatterbrained. Gooberson 2.0

You clearly understand that '94% Hardware Revenue growth' means fuck all hence the paragraph after paragraph of context and Dyno theories of increased hardware cost = increased profits from consumers :drake:

2 minutes ago, dakur said:

Actually the unit sales were down YOY according to that resetera thread. Lol

LMFAO if true :hest: 

DqTJL2pW4AEWmgB.jpg:large

'Xbox hardware Revenue grew 94%, against a low prior year comparable due to timing of Xbox One X launch in Q2 FY18'

:hest::hest::hest:

MS' own fiscal report states exactly what I said. That the growth is primarily due to it being compared to a quarter without the X. Dyno basically been arguing against MS' own report :D

• Haha 2