Nintendo Q2 FY 19 results - Switch 22.86 million

32 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

And now we sit and patiently wait for someone to ignore this.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They've sold 8 million in 9 months, they need another 7 million sales in 3 months to basically break even with last year that only had 10 months on the books, shit's not happening, not even close. 

Called it. :rawf: 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fighting tooth and nail to only be outsold by double 

Did you miss my point in time post?   The data was a point in time analysis with a 2018 projection.    That 50% Market share for PS4's total refers to 2016..."the past year".    no

Impressive. I think Nintendo is too reliant on first party though. I mean they have 15 million to sell in 6 months to meet their 20 million FY forecast and all of that lies on Smash and Pokemon. 

Edited by Pureis
Just now, Pureis said:

Impressive. I think Nintendo is too reliant on first party I feel. I mean they have 15 million to sell in 6 months to meet their 20 million FY forecast and all of that lies on Smash and Pokemon. 

The only way they're make it is if they holiday discount the system, and we all know that's not going to happen. 

18 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They've sold 8 million in 9 months, they need another 7 million sales in 3 months to basically break even with last year that only had 10 months on the books, shit's not happening, not even close. 

Last fiscal year has 12 numb nuts.. lol

50 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

For reference. 

Last year for Q3 Nintendo sold over 7 million (Oct - Dec) 

And last year Q3 + Q4 sold over 10 million. 

This year they're expecting at least 15 million for Q3 + Q4 combined. 

49 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

For reference. 

Last year for Q3 Nintendo sold over 7 million (Oct - Dec) 

And last year Q3 + Q4 sold over 10 million. 

This year they're expecting at least 15 million for Q3 + Q4 combined. 

Yeah, that's what I was thinking about.

During the last three months of 2017, the Switch hit some NOS button that almost nobody knew just how crazy it would sell towards the end of the year. And it had very strong sales spilling into January/February.

There's a fucking Pokemon game coming out soon. And then its Smash Bros. And no matter what people think about New Super Mario Bros. games, and especially this one being a port, NSMB games move units.

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The only way they're make it is if they holiday discount the system, and we all know that's not going to happen. 

Smash bundle, Pokemon bundle, NSMB bundle + any discount for Black Friday/holiday sales, I can see them hitting it. But like I said they are heavily reliant on their first party.

Edited by Pureis
19 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah I'm ass blasted because the Switch is selling terribly relative to itself which is exactly what I've stated from square one.

You're a moron. 

This holiday season* is going to be very uncomfortable for you.

*That include Christmas.

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Companies report on a fiscal year basis. 

March 2017  was the end of  fiscal year 17, March 18 was the end of fiscal year 18 and March 19 will be the end of fiscal 19.

I don't give a shit what they report on, I'm telling you that this 12 month year that is 2018 is going to underperform their 10 months in 2017.

We've been over this literally a dozen times at this point. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't give a shit what they report on, I'm telling you that this 12 month year that is 2018 is going to underperform their 10 months in 2017.

Did you forget you were wrong the last time?... oh yea... of course you did :drake:

Just now, jehurey said:

Switch had the biggest first year of sales for any gaming console, ever, in the entire history of the industry.

Switching matching those sales again = Sign of DOOM, according to Dynocrap. LOL

He is not too bright :grimaceleft:

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Did you forget you were wrong the last time?... oh yea... of course you did :drake:

You idiots latch onto the fiscal year because it pushes back the goalpost further and ignores everything else, no one else does this.

For Xbox One no one cares about the fiscal year, for PlayStation 4 no one cares about the fiscal year, all people care about is the calendar year, how did the console sell in 2017? How is it selling in 2018? Not Nintendo's imaginary line in the sand you fucking idiot. Does NPD go by the fiscal year? No, they go by the calendar year. Does any analytical firm go by the fiscal year? No, they go by the calendar year because the year dictates external performance. The fiscal year is an internal year, it has no relevance externally.  

You're the only lot who drone on about the fiscal year, the only ones. You completely ignore the calendar year, the calendar year that has to sell 7 million systems in the next 3 months to break even with 2017's 10 month performance. The next 3 months which has to sell 7 million when the previous 9 sold a mere 8...

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I love how he thinks that he can say this last year was "just 10 months" like as if the console launch didn't have months and months of pre-orders and massive hype.

Switch is replicating those sales WITHOUT those benefits during the 2nd year............and Dynocrap expects us to think its performing bad. LOL