Are the Tales games any good?

28 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Why don't you play the games you've bought?

ROFL.... oh wait... now you're beginning to understand why not everything gets completed :hest: 

Thhbk :D

4 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

I don't want to know how many times you get beat up by russians for being a faggot every day. I know you still love your comrades, that's the best part.

• Upvote 1

Lol i thought for sure symphonia would get praise.  I could never get into any of them. Played xillia 2 for a little bit. The games are too anime-y/anime-esque imo. Better than star ocean, as that one has too many lifeless random encounters. But i hate everything else about it.

Edited by kokujin
1 hour ago, kokujin said:

Lol i thought for sure symphonia would get praise.  I could never get into any of them. Played xillia 2 for a little bit. The games are too anime-y/anime-esque imo. Better than star ocean, as that one has too many lifeless random encounters. But i hate everyone else about it.

Star Ocean 2 > the entire Tales series.

But yeah, the other SO games are equally terrible.

9 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Star Ocean 2 > the entire Tales series.

But yeah, the other SO games are equally terrible.

I played Star ocean Last hope. and I loved the setting and rwar of it all. Space, mech, took itself seriously, not all characters were anime tropes (big headed spiky haired anxiety-ridden teens). But the rando battles against lizards made it so weak.  What do you think of that one? Which one is Star Ocean 2? The graphics have a better less-cartoon-ish look to them too, which I wish the Tales series would take.  I don't know, games can be too japanese. At least yakuza does it in a quirky manner, but shoots for realism in its cutscenes and dialogue.  Some of these JRPG series have shadowed themselves in the trope out of weakness. Yakuza 0 is awesome btw. Playing bit by bit. Just finished gambliing a street chimpira over a 100 man yen debt. Entered the kashiro credit gang building and faught my way out. From what I understand, my current boss wants me to betray my bro bro and family, and my old money-launderer had orders to have me run gang-shit on sanctuary property. Ano basho... ano basho.. ano basho.  I'd say I can follow about 75% of the story, and 90%-100% of the dialogue in subquests.  I should be reading a book, but this is well sufficient. And a lot more fun in stretches.  I'm at work, so maybe I'll read some Harry Potter Japanees today!1  I'm getting smarter bro. Will be sub-titling your games in 10 years.