Fat Hermits 2070 died. Not only the 2080s, the whole RTX line

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How long are you going to continue to fool yourself into thinking it was worth it?

Another Remipee meltdown thread Fucking nerd

Here's the RTX assembly line in California, they're testing how much they can overclock the cards with watercooling 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Funny thing is that Remij thinks this is about downplaying the advantages that ray-tracing brings to the table and it's not. It's about how RTX is straight up trash and anyone competent enough would skip it in favor of the 2nd generation or beyond.

Oh... so you're just waiting for the next generation of the same architecture... lmao

You do realize that next gen Nvidia GPUs will be RTX right?  So when you say "RTX is straight up trash" you're saying that the architecture is garbage and that they should change it.... but what you're really wanting to say is that you should just wait until it's not as new and some of the issues have been worked out...

Uh ok.  You're so smart it's astounding.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Oh... so you're just waiting for the next generation of the same architecture... lmao

You do realize that next gen Nvidia GPUs will be RTX right?  So when you say "RTX is straight up trash" you're saying that the architecture is garbage and that they should change it.... but what you're really saying is that you should just wait until it's not as new and some of the issues have been worked out...

Uh ok.

I never said I was waiting for anything, but thanks for beta testing.

Just now, lynux3 said:

I never said I was waiting for anything, but thanks for beta testing.

You're suggesting people wait for the second generation or beyond...

This is basically what I see you saying Lynux...  "People should wait until AMD has an answer to this" :hest: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

You're suggesting people wait for the second generation or beyond...

This is basically what I see you saying Lynux...  "People should wait until AMD has an answer to this" :hest: 

I bet you really wish this was about AMD vs. NVIDIA so you have a little more leverage. How unfortunate for you that that is not the case and no one cares. These new NVIDIA GPUs are still dumpster fire status.

Just now, lynux3 said:

I bet you really wish this was about AMD vs. NVIDIA so you have a little more leverage. How unfortunate for you that that is not the case and no one cares. These new NVIDIA GPUs are still dumpster fire status.

The fastest GPUs on the planet. :juggle: 

It's the price that no competition brings unfortunately.   Do I wish they were cheaper?  No shit.. of course... but I know better than to talk trash about the architecture and the series of cards which is literally bringing the biggest fundamental design and architectural shift in consumer graphics hardware in the last 10 years...  It's like you guys completely forget the last time this happened...

Just now, Remij_ said:

It's the price that no competition brings unfortunately.   Do I wish they were cheaper?  No shit.. of course... but I know better than to talk trash about the architecture and the series of cards which is literally bringing the biggest fundamental design and architectural shift in consumer graphics hardware in the last 10 years...  It's like you guys completely forget the last time this happened...

I don't think anyone is in disagreement about Turing being a beast, but that doesn't mean it's not a pile of shit. NVIDIA had plenty of time to continue working on developing this further. This generation of NVIDIA cards might be their worst since the 700 series.

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

And they created cards around it that can barely handle it. We're back to 2007 again where nothing could run Crysis, the difference being now this hardware is specifically made for this and still can't handle it lol.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

And they created cards around it that can barely handle it. We're back to 2007 again where nothing could run Crysis, the difference being now this hardware is specifically made for this and still can't handle it lol.

Sorry man... but that's completely false.  Think about what you are saying... like honestly.  60fps at 1080p is not barely handling it... and 30fps at 4K is certainly not barely handling it.  That's literally current gen console quality... with the most taxing effects rendering out there.

And that's exactly right... were back at a time where there's actually been a fundamental graphics rendering advancement.. which is punishing on cards... and people are freaking out because their FPSs dropped...

This type of rendering is extremely taxing... not just on the GPU, but the CPU as well..  This is brand new tech... and developers are still learning.  Its exactly what I said before... During console generations there's a learning curve and developers learn best practices and how to really improve performance.  This shit is horribly unoptimized at the driver level and the game engine level.  Sorry, but despite the fact of there being only one game currently... the developers have already gone on record saying that they didn't have too long with the actual hardware and many of the optimizations they had planned weren't able to make it into the first build.

This is standard shit for new hardware and architectures... I don't know why you guys are being so fucking jaded.. especially you.. as someone who I would expect to know better.  But you're a PC hater these days anyway, so I don't take much of what you say serious.