Some new Control screenshots

Control-new-1.jpg

Control-new-2.jpg

Control-new-3.jpg

Control-new-4.jpg

Control-new-5.jpg

Control-new-6.jpg

Control-new-7.jpg

I really like the look of this game.  QB was great looking, especially at higher resolutions where it could actually be appreciated.  The physics in this game are also pretty crazy too with tons of debris and objects flying around.  Looking forward to it.  Hopefully we see something from it at The Game Awards.

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Looks interesting. Very very similar to QB but still has my attention

Yea for sure.

It looks great, but I can see the ways in which they are likely budget constrained.  Of course these are just early screenshots and the entire game might not be like this, but it seems like they've given themselves a setting in which things like assets and objects can be repeated often.  Rooms are very angular and you can see a lot of the same texturing and stuff all over the place. 

It's definitely stretching it's budget from what I can tell... but that's not a bad thing.  It forces developers to get more creative in different ways... and considering the story, it makes sense, since the entire game takes place in this one building.  Of course, that said, who knows if there will be more organic areas at different points?  There very well could be.

Still very interesting and the engine is capable of some amazing effects and physics work.

• Upvote 1