Spider-Man And Fortnite Lead To Rising Game Industry Sales, Says NPD

This isn't the first we've heard of games like Spider-Man and Fortnite lifting the industry up. Earlier this year NPD announced similarly rising figures on the back of Fortnite and God of War. Similarly, Sony boasted in September that Spider-Man had broken sales records set by God of War, and sales have apparently been so strong that the PlayStation business lifted Sony's financial forecast as a whole.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/spider-man-and-fortnite-lead-to-rising-game-indust/1100-6463592/

I don't think it's Spiderman on its own, though it's clearly a hot ticket item for the year.  I think it's Spiderman + PS4 in a $200 bundle.  $200 is the sweet spot that consoles sell crazy numbers at, and bundling a hot new game with it is a recipe for sales explosion.

9 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

I don't think it's Spiderman on its own, though it's clearly a hot ticket item for the year.  I think it's Spiderman + PS4 in a $200 bundle.  $200 is the sweet spot that consoles sell crazy numbers at, and bundling a hot new game with it is a recipe for sales explosion.

yeah the bundle was huge, plus the boost in interest by into the spiderverse no doubt played a role.

yeah $200 was a good deal even if i'm not that interested in spiderman. I would've bought it if we weren't at the end of the gen and if I had money. :feelsbadman:

• Upvote 1