That other Microsoft acquisition is being hinted at

Just now, Team 2019 said:

They just had a game that sold 9 million in 3 months, and they are going to go make Sunflop Overdrive 2. :laff:

A contracted game, that money goes to Sony, Insomniac is a subcontracted developer who got an agreed payout for the development. 

Insomniac just made their most successful game in collaboration with Sony, has been offered to be bought out several times, and now they're all of the sudden going to generously sell out to Microsoft? :ben: Not going to happen under Ted Price.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Insomniac just made their most successful game in collaboration with Sony, has been offered to be bought out several times, and now they're all of the sudden going to generously sell out to Microsoft? :ben: Not going to happen under Ted Price.

Depends on the kind of money being thrown around.

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Unless they've been picking up cheaper places and holding out to find a whale, well Insomniac isn't a whale but still a big deal.

It would be their most talented studio acquisition by far, but that kind of talent comes at a cost. It's not going to happen. The guesses High Moon Studios or Typhoon Studios seems more in line with Microsoft's recent acquisitions.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It would be their most talented studio acquisition by far, but that kind of talent comes at a cost. It's not going to happen. The guesses High Moon Studios or Typhoon Studios seems more in line with Microsoft's recent acquisitions.

High Noon is an Activision subsidiarity so no way in hell and Typhoon Studios has never made a game, also the first game they're working on is owned by 505 Games as the publisher. 

Nope.

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Could happen. the company itself is worthless, their only noteworthy games were Ratchet and Spiderman, neither of which are properties they own.

granted, they're not a 5.0 developer so it's unlikely they'll be joining MS.

Resistance could also really round out MS intended lineup of Plan B, shit-tier western flops.

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I trust insiders like Matt, he leaked the acquisitions. The issue is this dude is a pure tool, fanboy and I don't trust his hints at all. I mean I assume MS is buying stuff, but this guy has no legit info on what and when. 

Yeah except he's the one who leaked all the other acquisitions... He's reliable. 

35 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

High Noon is an Activision subsidiarity so no way in hell and Typhoon Studios has never made a game, also the first game they're working on is owned by 505 Games as the publisher. 

Nope.

I guess you're right about High Moon Studios, but Typhoon Studios is still a possibility.