Friendly reminder

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

You can't undo the Wii U Jerry, Nintendo lost the 8th gen two years ago. It can't be redeemed, it's set in stone, the Wii U is forever last place for generation 8.

You can't undo the XBO losing to the Switch.

Thanks.:blessed:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last gen, sales don't matter    This gen , sales all that matters (if they are above Xbox , it's ok to not outsell ps4)   Last gen we don't need 3rd party    This gen OMG

Oh boy are you setting yourself up badly.    

It was just an accessory for the wii

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You can when you realize it meets all criteria to not exist within the bounds of the 8th generation of consoles, also Nintendo lost the gen.

Nope...........you don't determine that criteria.

Thanks again.:blessed:I love how you are doing this because you KNOW that Xbox is losing. That's the best part out of all of this.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nope...........you don't determine that criteria.

Thanks again.:blessed:I love how you are doing this because you KNOW that Xbox is losing. That's the best part out of all of this.

Okay then previous gens determine that criteria, and if the GameCube and Wii are different generations this sure as hell is. Even more so actually, the Wii played GameCube games, this piece of shit requires you to buy Wii U games :mj:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Okay then previous gens determine that criteria, and if the GameCube and Wii are different generations this sure as hell is. Even more so actually, the Wii played GameCube games, this piece of shit requires you to buy Wii U games :mj:

I love that I made him panick and try to run over to new arguments.

Rustled jimmies.:jasonj:

The Xbox One is going to lose this generation, and be last.  You're best hope is trying to declare the Vita to be part of this generation.:kaz:

Just now, jehurey said:

I love that I made him panick and try to run over to new arguments.

Rustled jimmies.:jasonj:

The Xbox One is going to lose this generation, and be last.  You're best hope is trying to declare the Vita to be part of this generation.:kaz:

Literally impossible.

w5oE0yf.png&key=0208259e23eed21e83fe383a

12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Literally impossible.

w5oE0yf.png&key=0208259e23eed21e83fe383a

Xbox is losing to the Switch, you say?

Good enough for me. Good thing the Wii U had exclusives.

Whereas Xbox One has none of that.

Once again. Thanks:blessed:

A great reminder that every generation is a clean slate that can go sideways immediately. 

I would agree, but PlayStation 3 swam through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side. One of Sony's worst console performances is Microsoft's best.

Just now, lynux3 said:

I would agree, but PlayStation 3 swam through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side. One of Sony's worst console performances is Microsoft's best.

Relatively speaking though you have to admit that Microsoft was able to pull themselves out of what they did, no start has been that fucked but they're now nearing 45 or so million after all of that. I think it shows that determination can have results whereas for a company like Nintendo they say fuck you to their consumer base, don't even try and then just abandon the gen, then even worse release most of those games on their next console.

Relatively speaking though you have to admit that Microsoft was able to pull themselves out of what they did, no start has been that fucked but they're now nearing 45 or so million after all of that. I think it shows that determination can have results whereas for a company like Nintendo they say fuck you to their consumer base, don't even try and then just abandon the gen, then even worse release most of those games on their next console.

Yeah, Nintendo did kind of fuck over Wii U owners at the end of the day and if it wasn't for Nintendo's first party games it'd be worthless. At least Xbox One has 3rd party support.

• Upvote 1
Just now, lynux3 said:

Yeah, Nintendo did kind of fuck over Wii U owners at the end of the day and if it wasn't for Nintendo's first party games it'd be worthless. At least Xbox One has 3rd party support.

LOL Microsoft sold lemmings a $500 Xbox One at launch, and they abandoned Kinect.

And then they sold them another $400 Xbox One that is meant to fix the crippling weakness of the launch hardware.

And then they said "we'll sell you a THIRD [$500] Xbox if you actually want the games to look good on it."

And you think Nintendo fucked over people with a $250 Wii U..............that actually had exclusives?

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

LOL Microsoft sold lemmings a $500 Xbox One at launch, and they abandoned Kinect.

And then they sold them another $400 Xbox One that is meant to fix the crippling weakness of the launch hardware.

And then they said "we'll sell you a THIRD [$500] Xbox if you actually want the games to look good on it."

And you think Nintendo fucked over people with a $250 Wii U..............that actually had exclusives?

Can I play Wii U games on my Switch? Pretty sure all of those above systems were optional and all play the same games, Jerry. 

Just now, jehurey said:

Like I said if it wasn't for Nintendo's first party the Wii U would be worthless. The biggest difference between Wii U failing and Xbox One failing is that Xbox One can continue on being shit on the first party end while still receiving the majority of 3rd party games. This is something Wii U failed to do and was ultimately abandoned altogether.

While Microsoft to did shit out 3 SKUs for the Xbox One they are optional and not a requirement. Nintendo fans had to buy the Switch in order to move forward. There was nothing left for the Wii U.

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I'll be honest, I didn't own a Wii U but the Wii U ports being sent to Switch have all been excellent games so far, so from a first party perspective it seems they most def did support it as much as it makes sense to support a system that flopped so badly commerically. 

The only ever time I felt a proper 'fuck you' from buying a system is MS announcing every first party game is now also on PC. Made the system I bought completely and utterly useless to me from that very second. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Can I play Wii U games on my Switch? Pretty sure all of those above systems were optional and all play the same games, Jerry. 

Can I play exclusives across the $500 XBO launch model? $400 revision? or $500 re-revision?

Switch justifies itself with its own exclusives.

You seem to have trouble understanding that as a unit of value.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Like I said if it wasn't for Nintendo's first party the Wii U would be worthless. The biggest difference between Wii U failing and Xbox One failing is that Xbox One can continue on being shit on the first party end while still receiving the majority of 3rd party games. This is something Wii U failed to do and was ultimately abandoned altogether.

While Microsoft to did shit out 3 SKUs for the Xbox One they are optional and not a requirement. Nintendo fans had to buy the Switch in order to move forward. There was nothing left for the Wii U.

Lemmings had to buy a new console to get their games to not look like complete shit.

I don't know if you watched the recent Digital Foundry video, third parties have abandoned optimizing their games on the XBO launch model. The biggest optimization being the on-die ESRAM. If you're a $500 launch owner.....what kind of bullshit is that?

They got bamboozled on Kinect, Microsoft straight-up swindled them.

$250 Wii U + $300 Switch = $550 since Nov 2012

$500 Xbox One Launch Model = $500 since Nov 2013.

Not even counting things like Online costs, which the Wii U never had.  Who got swindled worse?

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

I'll be honest, I didn't own a Wii U but the Wii U ports being sent to Switch have all been excellent games so far, so from a first party perspective it seems they most def did support it as much as it makes sense to support a system that flopped so badly commerically. 

The only ever time I felt a proper 'fuck you' from buying a system is MS announcing every first party game is now also on PC. Made the system I bought completely and utterly useless to me from that very second. 

I think Microsoft abandoning exclusives on the Xbox brand was a major blow. It's the reason why Xbox 360 did so well (even if they were timed) last generation. I understand where they're trying to go in the future with streaming and access to their content, but all I can think of is how shit Microsoft is at doing anything despite having deep pockets. Oh well.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Lemmings had to buy a new console to get their games to not look like complete shit.

I don't know if you watched the recent Digital Foundry video, third parties have abandoned optimizing their games on the XBO launch model. The biggest optimization being the on-die ESRAM. If you're a $500 launch owner.....what kind of bullshit is that?

They got bamboozled on Kinect, Microsoft straight-up swindled them.

$250 Wii U + $300 Switch = $550 since Nov 2012

$500 Xbox One Launch Model = $500 since Nov 2013.

Not even counting things like Online costs, which the Wii U never had.  Who got swindled worse?

Yeah I made a thread about it. :D The original Xbox One / S truly are a thorn in Microsoft and developer's side right now. It's too late for Microsoft to abandon, but I bet devs can't wait to drop that POS.

Edited by lynux3