NMH Travis Strikes Back Reviews

On 2019-01-16 at 10:23 PM, Ramza said:

I don't care for the open world city. They ditched in NMH2 and it was fine as is. 

What matters in NMH are a good story, solid combat, great cutscenes and the bosses. You don't need a hub world for that. 

The problem with Travis Strikes Back is that it looks really low budget. NMH1 and 2 were some of the best sounding and looking third party games on Wii. Grasshopper can do better than this.

NH1 wasn't.  I loved the style of that game, but the overworld had pop-in galore.  That being said, the overworld being removed from the sequel was a mistake. 

Not ever overworld needs to be the size of Witcher 3 or BotW.  Give me Santa Destroy and all its character, but keep it small.  They could take the exact same map from NMH1 and just fill it out more for NMH3, and I'd be happy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Xbox'd 

6/10 at Gamespot and IGN. TSHBR     ...  I would have bought a Switch for a real NMH3. Not this POS.   Lmao, at the sites that gave it over a 7: Nintendolife, NintendoWorld Report,

What a fucking flop lmao    But but I'd rather this than RE2 reeeeeeef

Posted Images

2 hours ago, McWicked said:

NH1 wasn't.  I loved the style of that game, but the overworld had pop-in galore.  That being said, the overworld being removed from the sequel was a mistake. 

Not ever overworld needs to be the size of Witcher 3 or BotW.  Give me Santa Destroy and all its character, but keep it small.  They could take the exact same map from NMH1 and just fill it out more for NMH3, and I'd be happy.

NMH2 > NMH1. 

9 minutes ago, Ramza said:

NMH2 > NMH1. 

Pieces of it.  I prefer the more comic-book visual style of the first over the glossy, vasaline style look of the second.  I also prefer the the Bosses of the first, the overworld of the first, and the minigames of the first.  But the general gameplay of the second was improved.  Overall, NMH > NMH2 because NMH has the newness feel to it, and NMH2 took steps back when it should have taken steps forward.

1 minute ago, McWicked said:

Pieces of it.  I prefer the more comic-book visual style of the first over the glossy, vasaline style look of the second.  I also prefer the the Bosses of the first, the overworld of the first, and the minigames of the first.  But the general gameplay of the second was improved.  Overall, NMH > NMH2 because NMH has the newness feel to it, and NMH2 took steps back when it should have taken steps forward.

Not having a shitty open world with a shitty vehicle that controls like ass and ran at 15 fps was a step forward. :P

The NES like minigames in 2 > grabbing coconuts and shit. 

I can agree with the cell shading look of the original being better. 

But as far as bosses goes, I don't know, both games are so godly in that regard, I'd have a hard time to pick a favorite. Although bad girl is probably my favorite standalone boss.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not insecure about the things I enjoy :haloben:

I'll be honest, I know the game is a massive flop based on its expectations; but having not really been aware of the game, I saw some Summit1G clips of him stealing chests and rowboating away, and otherwise trolling Lemkids and for a brief moment I even went to the MS Store.

Couldn't pull the trigger though...Too many games in the queue to be messing about with sub A Titles... :trump2:

1 minute ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I'll be honest, I know the game is a massive flop based on its expectations; but having not really been aware of the game, I saw some Summit1G clips of him stealing chests and rowboating away, and otherwise trolling Lemkids and for a brief moment I even went to the MS Store.

Couldn't pull the trigger though...Too many games in the queue to be messing about with sub A Titles... :trump2:

It's a cool game with a unique world and structure that you just can't get in anything else. It may not be for everyone but there's a lot of fun to be had and experiences to make. Remember you can always try it out with GamePass.