SuperData: VR grew 30% YoY, PSVR #1; sold 700K during holidays

So PSVR = ~700,000

PC headsets = ~300,000

Oculus Quest = ~500,000

Just in Q4 2018 alone..  That's pretty decent. 

Oculus got some momentum with the Quest.  It's pretty much the best hardware for VR out there currently, considering everything.  It's completely untethered, has really great inside-out tracking and good performance.  It's no surprise that it's doing well and people are interested.  Tethering to a PC is definitely contributing to slower adoption.  People see it as more of a chore... especially since  on the Oculus Rift you have 2 or 3 cameras to plug in and place around your room, and then another USB and HDMI for the headset.  It's a cleaner setup than the PS4, but not by much.  We really need Virtual-Link as the standard and the headset to have inside-out tracking.  Then the barrier to entry becomes much less of an issue and people can just enjoy their headsets.  If they release a stand-alone headset that can also connect to a PC through either wireless or a virtual link cable, then that will do some serious numbers.

While I believe that PSVR is the number 1 VR headset.... I don't believe super data is that reliable. 

They posted some crazy figures for Smash USA ehsop sales figures (almost 3 million for December alone) 

Which would put Smash at over 6 million in the US alone in one month..... that to me is unbelievable :|

54 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

While I believe that PSVR is the number 1 VR headset.... I don't believe super data is that reliable. 

They posted some crazy figures for Smash USA ehsop sales figures (almost 3 million for December alone) 

Which would put Smash at over 6 million in the US alone in one month..... that to me is unbelievable :|

:tom: obsessed

3.6 billion in revenue for PSVR alone.

Their previous prediction was $500 million. Lmao, just %700 off. 

DinoCop used to post their figures of 2017 and say VR was dead. Thanks Cop.