What was everyone's tax return this year?

Mine was pretty weak, only $1,344 this year but I claim two dependents throughout the year to get more in my checks so it was kind of expected. Single filing. I'm actually surprised I got it so soon not only because of the shutdown as I figured that would have backed things up but also I filed it on the 28th so it's only been a few days.

I think I'm gonna buy that Vega 64 that was only $369, it also comes with The Division 2, Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry V, seems like a killer deal. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm all caught up which is amazing so I can actually have some fun with this one, but I'll put the rest in savings. 

Wish I could say the same. Bought too much shit in the last few months.

Just now, Goukosan said:

Nah.... let me rephrase.  Haven't found time to GO have it done.   I have a friend that does it for me. 

You should mess with Turbotax or Credit Karma, I tested both myself against an agency or intermediary of any kind and for free I managed to get the same pre-file result.

These online tax programs have honestly made tax agents a redundacy, and it no joke takes 30 minutes to do from start to finish. Something to think about.

It’s probably only going to be around $3,000. I did a lot of “under the radar” stuff, which I don’t claim, and I sold a property, so I’ll have less mortgage interest to collect from. I do have some inflated charity numbers, though.  

Edited by -GD-
26 minutes ago, -GD- said:

It’s probably only going to be around $3,000. I did a lot of “under the radar” stuff, which I don’t claim, and I sold a property, so I’ll have less mortgage interest to collect from. I do have some inflated charity numbers, though.  

I'm just happy to be getting anything, and not owning the government lol. Last year my return was $21 so you could say I wasn't expecting much so $1,344 is very welcome haha. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm just happy to be getting anything, and not owning the government lol. Last year my return was $21 so you could say I wasn't expecting much so $1,344 is very welcome haha. 

Nice man! I think the standard deduction increased this year. 

I hope it's better than my last years return of $61 lol

This will be an interesting year for my taxes since I started freelancing halfway through last year and I'm not 100% sure how I need to tackle it. 

5 minutes ago, Boss said:

This will be an interesting year for my taxes since I started freelancing halfway through last year and I'm not 100% sure how I need to tackle it. 

Yeah, when I got $21 last year it was such a low return I didn't notice it ever hitting my bank account. 

:mj:

Canada here so haven't really done mine yet. 

Probably won't be high though, my company switch from matching RRSPs to matching pension so I won't get as big a credit there. I also no longer take the train to work so I lose a pretty big transit credit. 

1 hour ago, Boss said:

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah, when I got $21 last year it was such a low return I didn't notice it ever hitting my bank account. 

:mj:

This is why I started going to my firend to do my taxes.   I was getting back less than $100...now I get back thousands slightly above 5K :lawd: