Anthem is better on Pro

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every Single Game this Year Runs Better on PS4 Pro     It's a monster It's a mon-mon... monster It's a monster     It's a monster It's a mon-mon... mo

The Resetera lemmings are livid LMAO

learn to read.    Runs better.    Runs.    R U N S  

30 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I’m no xbox fan but that simply reflects poorly on the dev

It really does, especially with the results we've not only seen from other development houses with the use of other engines but also from this very engine in games that no less target both 30 and 60 FPS.

48 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It really does, especially with the results we've not only seen from other development houses with the use of other engines but also from this very engine in games that no less target both 30 and 60 FPS.

Either way the is, and will be average at best, so what ya expect really 

EA is pretty tight with MS tho. If the full game releases in this state id be surprised. 

The game is wonky on all platforms even on pc so hoping its an old build.

I played the demo again today it is fun so hopefully shit is sorted.

If X is getting framedrops they need to lower the res.

56 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

EA is pretty tight with MS tho. If the full game releases in this state id be surprised. 

The game is wonky on all platforms even on pc so hoping its an old build.

I played the demo again today it is fun so hopefully shit is sorted.

If X is getting framedrops they need to lower the res.

All the BF games have performance issues in their beta's pre-launch and they always hammer them out, I wouldn't be concerned especially when they no doubt have advisors from Dice on the project as well overseeing aspects of the engine.

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

Jerry is right though. And it’s the same reason android sucks, least common denominator will get the worse results. Xbox sells the worst, like galaxy phones, and no one gives a shit. 2nd rate will be 2nd rate. @jehurey :juggle:

Yeah except this logic doesn't pan out, the only game that actually has a real issue of not taking advantage of the hardware is Ace Combat 7 so this really goes out the window. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 hour ago, ghostz said:

Jerry is right though. And it’s the same reason android sucks, least common denominator will get the worse results. Xbox sells the worst, like galaxy phones, and no one gives a shit. 2nd rate will be 2nd rate. @jehurey :juggle:

i love it when he actually goes out of his way to show his butthurt.

I don't know why he gives me the satisfaction.:lawl:

15 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I wouldn't take too much away from that video as he noted, it's not release code.

Also the X is very clearly rendering at a much higher resolution than the Pro, not sure what in the hell Richard is talking about with that 1800p comment but he did say they didn't do exact pixel counts or something.

This video says it all, the clarity difference is immediately apparent. The Pro seems to be in between the base systems and the X in terms of rendering resolution. 

I'm not sure about a "much" higher resolution, but yes, a higher resolution.  It's apparent especially in the foliage.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/129166

That said, it's not not a difference worth writing home about from normal viewing distances, imo.

I just finished playing the PC version for a bit and damn, it's much better than the beta was for me.  Everything just works. 

13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I'm not sure about a "much" higher resolution, but yes, a higher resolution.  It's apparent especially in the foliage.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/129166

That said, it's not not a difference worth writing home about from normal viewing distances, imo.

I just finished playing the PC version for a bit and damn, it's much better than the beta was for me.  Everything just works. 

I'd bet you it's at least 60% higher.

12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'd bet you it's at least 60% higher.

It could be.  I'd say more like a 30-40% at most though.  There's absolutely no way they're both rendering at 1800cb regardless.   DF does say the engine does appear to scale res though.

It was my free game with my 2060 . I'll def play when the game comes out . Idk if I'll be able to play the demo again tomorrow.

Console pleb versions :D (still runs like shit on PC thhbo)

5 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

It was my free game with my 2060 . I'll def play when the game comes out . Idk if I'll be able to play the demo again tomorrow.

Console pleb versions :D (still runs like shit on PC thhbo)

Yea.  Well, 1440p is smooth and quite nice, but 4K 60 isn't happening.  I'm mostly in the 45-60 range.  The game looks quite glorious though, in all honesty.  The particle effects are just fucking awesome.  GameReady drivers might help, but they aren't gonna help THAT much. (probably nothing at all lmao)

4 minutes ago, Pureis said:

I like Anthem from what I played in the demo apart from the glitches and connection issues. But please get rid of the forced walking and 1st person view in the hub. It’s so bad.

In the final game you can run and jump in the hub.  First person view isn't going to change though. 

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

In the final game you can run and jump in the hub.  First person view isn't going to change though. 

Great. Not sure why the first person view in the hub though. Destiny is a FPS but in the hub it's 3rd person so people can see their own character and gear I think. There's no reason to switch to a first person in the hub.