Radeon VII actual benchmarks come in...

Not too bad for a 2 year old architecture designed for content creation. It's pretty clear that AMD just slapped this shit together to stay somewhat competitive in the enthusiast market. This is a band aid until Navi launches later this year which I don't expect much from outside of mid-range goodness, to be honest. I'd like to be wrong though.

4 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Not too bad for a 2 year old architecture designed for content creation. It's pretty clear that AMD just slapped this shit together to stay somewhat competitive in the enthusiast market. This is a band aid until Navi launches later this year which I don't expect much from outside of mid-range goodness, to be honest. I'd like to be wrong though.

I'd like to be wrong too.. but.. it's AMD :( 

11 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Never have consoles been as appealing in the face of PC gaming .

That's complete bullshit :tom: 

Back in the PS1/PS2 days consoles were way more appealing than they are now. :|  Now they are.... low end PCs :drake: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

That's complete bullshit :tom: 

Back in the PS1/PS2 days consoles were way more appealing than they are now. :|  Now they are.... low end PCs :drake: 

Yeah I was going to say, it looked kind of rough for PC when PS2/OG Xbox, followed by the 360/PS3 era was in full effect. The prevailing thought that due to rampant piracy PC was on its way out. However, due to the rising production costs of AAA caliber titles, and with the proliferation of faster internet speeds, and STEAM, it became profitable for Publishers to release games on PC, even if at a later date.

Fast forward to the present, and we've never seen as many titles that were once console-exclusive now on the PC.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah I was going to say, it looked kind of rough for PC when PS2/OG Xbox, followed by the 360/PS3 era was in full effect. The prevailing thought that due to rampant piracy PC was on its way out. However, due to the rising production costs of AAA caliber titles, and with the proliferation of faster internet speeds, and STEAM, it became profitable for Publishers to release games on PC, even if at a later date.

Fast forward to the present, and we've never seen as many titles that were once console-exclusive now on the PC.

Ex-fucking-actly

lmao the reviews dropped today... completely lame :D 

Nobody understands why this card was even made :hest:  But we all know it was a stop gap until AMD could actually get a Navi product out into the world... possibly by the end of the year or early next year.  This is essentially their "look, we're still here" release for 2019 :D 

Let's drop a 2080 on 7nm and watch it destroy this shit :D