If Xbox made game purchases available in xCloud would that be a default generation win?

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

One is the strategy of a third party oriented publisher. There other is that of a hardware makers. Simple as that. 

One actually sells product and services, the other doesn't

This isn't economically hard to understand, the value proposition of Sony selling their own tablet as the means of streaming games while Microsoft will have it on phones and tablets no matter what they are is a quick way for Sony to invest tens to hundreds of millions into R&D/marketing with absolutely no value proposition. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Which would be an absolutely horrible decision.   "Yeah our competition has a streaming service which you can use with the tablet and phone you already own, but please buy our single functio

Ugh... You pay for a game you can play on your Xbox/W10 PC like any other game but get streaming function on top of that... That's the premise...   It seems the Jerry apple didn't fall far

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

One actually sells product and services, the other doesn't

This isn't economically hard to understand, the value proposition of Sony selling their own tablet as the means of streaming games while Microsoft will have it on phones and tablets no matter what they are is a quick way for Sony to invest tens to hundreds of millions into R&D/marketing with absolutely no value proposition. 

You realize using this logic you're defending XCloud on Switch? Something you said isn't happening. 

Dynocrap is trying really hard to move the goalposts.

"Actually, guiz, Xbox being a streaming app everywhere is the most amazing victory in the history of video games, they essentially win ALL console gens!!"

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The prospect of console quality games available almost anywhere at any time on a device we all carry around anyway is a big deal. That's the Switch's Achilles heel, you need an extra piece of hardware to lug around with you.

You'll need additional hardware as well to play any streamed console game on your tablet or smartphone.... That controller attachment won't be streamed... you gotta purchase that and lug it around with you. 

But to answer your question from the OP.   Of course those games will be available on your devices, that's the point of stream anywhere..... but no it doesn't guarantee an automatic win for MS. 

32 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Dynocrap is trying really hard to move the goalposts.

"Actually, guiz, Xbox being a streaming app everywhere is the most amazing victory in the history of video games, they essentially win ALL console gens!!"

MS going third party by releasing their streaming app on everything is a win for Xbox hardware Guiz!!!!

Next gen MS will go full 'engagement' and 'MAUs'  :mj:

I love how you guys talk about hardware... as if hardware has ever made these fucking companies money :mj:

Yes.. if MS releases xCloud on everything, it's a win for Xbox... especially so if the others don't offer the same.  DUH.  Use your fucking heads :shake: 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I love how you guys talk about hardware... as if hardware has ever made these fucking companies money :mj:

Yes.. if MS releases xCloud on everything, it's a win for Xbox... especially so if the others don't offer the same.  DUH.  Use your fucking heads :shake: 

Sega "won" systemwars it seems. :laff:

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

And their competitors can end their business at the drop of a hat, but removing them from their console.

How's that for victory?  Building a house on land you don't own and be taken from you at any moment.

And you're trying to say that other people aren't using their heads.

Google will also be entering in that space. I don't even expect Microsoft to be the best game streaming service out there.

Just now, jehurey said:

And their competitors can end their business at the drop of a hat, but removing them from their console.

How's that for victory?  Building a house on land you don't own and be taken from you at any moment.

And you're trying to say that other people aren't using their heads.

Google will also be entering in that space. I don't even expect Microsoft to be the best game streaming service out there.

You know what would drive away consumers?  Allowing something on your system, allowing the people to buy into it... and then taking it away from them :drake: 

THINK a little bit.. :shake: 

That's precisely why Dynamite is telling you that he doesn't expect it to be available on other systems like the PS4 or Switch.. most certainly not any time soon...

He's been saying that it would be "open" devices... like phones, and tablets, laptops and things like that.  Things that expand their market.  Things that their direct competitors can't control..  But you retards keep going on about "derrr the Switch is gonna have it", "xbox is coming to Switch" :lemming: 

So what is it going to be?  Is it going to get it or not? 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You know what would drive away consumers?  Allowing something on your system, allowing the people to buy into it... and then taking it away from them :drake: 

That's precisely why Dynamite is telling you that he doesn't expect it to be available on other systems like the PS4 or Switch.. most certainly not any time soon...

He's been saying that it would be "open" devices... like phones, and tablets, laptops and things like that.  Things that expand their market.  Things that their direct competitors can't control..  But you retards keep going on about "derrr the Switch is gonna have it", "xbox is coming to Switch" :lemming: 

Insiders have hinted Switch because MS doesn't view it as competition. Some have flat said they offered streaming to Nintendo. Get real here. 

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

The irony of all this, is that Remij will never in his life use a single streaming service. 

I've tried all of them.  There's no irony in this at all. Not everything is meant for me... there's a purpose for it outside of doing it just because they can...  Should other technologies people develop not exist because I don't use them? :drake: 

How can you be this stupid?  God damn you guys are retarded as fuck.. seriously.  I know you hate Xbox... but this is about EXPANDING their potential market beyond the reach of just their console and PC hardware... How can you not just understand that... hey.. for a company who wants to make money... that makes sense.

Instead we have you idiots in here posting shit liek "durr I guess SEGA won tha war" :lemming:   Come the fuck on guys.. :shake: 

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Insiders have hinted Switch because MS doesn't view it as competition. Some have flat said they offered streaming to Nintendo. Get real here. 

Ok... soooooooooo Nintendo makes the choice... no shit.  I asked the question.. is Nintendo going to allow it... and then take it away...(like Jehurey thinks) or just never allow it?

MS isn't the one making the decision here... it's Nintendo/Sony... and they have little reason to allow this shit on their consoles.  What they need to do to compete is do the same thing... allow their game streaming on devices which are open platform..

So we're back to the same point... You idiots were saying this is coming to Switch... now you're saying what?  Is it still coming?  That's a win for MS.  It's not?  Then you were wrong, and Dynamite was right... congratu-fucking-lations :roll: 

15 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Except the customer went out of their way to buy hardware for ANOTHER company's games.

A streaming app is not a deal breaker.

People aren't buying Android devices and thinking to themselves "GEE...........i should plop down $60 on a large scale game so I can try to stream it from my Phone/Tablet."

Microsoft should be trying to get its software into Smart TVs like Roku is, and then maybe they can get customers that way because its a nice setting to have a gaming streaming app right in your television. Chances are, there's going to be a $99 small Xbox "box" that does just that thing.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except the customer went out of their way to buy hardware for ANOTHER company's games.

A streaming app is not a deal breaker.

People aren't buying Android devices and thinking to themselves "GEE...........i should plop down $60 on a large scale game so I can try to stream it from my Phone/Tablet."

Microsoft should be trying to get its software into Smart TVs like Roku is, and then maybe they can get customers that way because its a nice setting to have a gaming streaming app right in your television. Chances are, there's going to be a $99 small Xbox "box" that does just that thing.

Taking away previously usable features is definitely a no-no regardless of what you bought the system for.  You'd piss people off big time.

The point is... we wont have to worry about that because Nintendo and Sony wouldn't let them on in the first place...  So I guess you agree that Xbox isn't coming to Switch?  cool

• Remij locked this topic