Brad Sams: Microsoft to Talk Next Gen Consoles at E3 2019, Halo Infinitity for launch

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

So you are locked to Dock only games that wont work on the portable, or will be even MORE gimped to 220p. for 250 dollars, EXTRA/

Riiiiight

No, they would just be console only games?

Which would mean parity..............because you sure as hell can't play PS4 and Xbox games portable, right?

Its a dock.......the expectation that you can only play this DOCKED is quite obvious.

I even explained that my Dock upgrade theory meant that the Dock was only a GPU upgrade, the CPU capability would still be provided by the Switch handheld unit...........when it DOCKED into the dock.

You're not clever enough to twist my word, here. lol

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuckin' hell, man, just MAKE GODDAMNED HALO!  Why is this so hard for MS?  

Eh.. at the end of the day... they didn't buy the X1X for just Halo, or just any one game.  What you're doing is as dumb as when Jon tells me I spent $2500 on my PC for a single game or feature...  Yo

It seems to be in no different of a position than The Last of Us II and Death Stranding for the PlayStation 4, do you see anyone freaking out about that? Are you having a panic attack over those games

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Eh.. at the end of the day... they didn't buy the X1X for just Halo, or just any one game.  What you're doing is as dumb as when Jon tells me I spent $2500 on my PC for a single game or feature...  You know that's bullshit, so don't do it.

They bought a console a year and a half ago, and it's likely to get another 2 years out of it.  Halo probably wont release till late 2020 or 2021.  It could also release before than on XO, X1X, and PC, and then be a launch title for the next Xbox which is then upgraded futher... Who knows?

$500 isn't anything... and they can trade in their consoles for the new ones.  You're trying hard to make this something it isn't... a big deal. :francis: 

Bullshit.

They know there's a Halo game coming. They know its meant for THIS gen.

Why do you think I gave the initial example of Metroid Prime 4 and Bayo 3?

They bought a console that was advertised as of June 2016.

There's a clear expectation here, that all of the games developed for the latter half of this gen, would be best for the X1X.

And now Microsoft is pushing those games back.

$500 is a big deal. You can't just sweep that away like its nothing.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I even explained that my Dock upgrade theory meant that the Dock was only a GPU upgrade, the CPU capability would still be provided by the Switch handheld unit...........when it DOCKED into the dock.

That would limit it to being a resolution increase only... so no "Dock specific" games would be made. :| 

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Bullshit.

There's a clear expectation here, that all of the games developed for the latter half of this gen, would be best for the X1X.

Nah.. that's dumb Jerry.  You know it. :D 

That would limit it to being a resolution increase only... so no "Dock specific" games would be made. :| 

No it wouldn't. The executable for Dock specific games (like say Battlefield 6) would be designed for the GPU in the dock, and not the GPU in the handheld unit.

And now you're talking about what is technically possible through the hardware..........which isn't the point if what I was making.

Bullshit.

It seems to be in no different of a position than The Last of Us II and Death Stranding for the PlayStation 4, do you see anyone freaking out about that? Are you having a panic attack over those games? No, you're being weird about something no one cares about.

Also $500 is not a big deal, that's literally 10 hours of work for me.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nah.. that's dumb Jerry.  You know it. :D 

Dude you guys are literally telling me:

1.) You don't know if Microsoft is developing another Halo game when they released Halo 5 back in 2015

and

2.) You keep the possibility open that the game they are developing is for a FUTURE console, even as they advertised a new console to me in 2016 and 2017."

Two halos were developed for the first Xbox.

Two halos were developed for the X360 (three if you include Reach, and most people do).

C'mon. I know I hit a nerve.........but you simply can't dismiss this.

I even went out of the way to explain this using Nintendo games and Nintendo hardware so that you would be mature enough to not get mad at what I am saying.

I got 15 replies in my inbox within the past 10 minutes because you know I am pointing out something embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It seems to be in no different of a position than The Last of Us II and Death Stranding for the PlayStation 4, do you see anyone freaking out about that? Are you having a panic attack over those games? No, you're being weird about something no one cares about.

If there's a report that Sony is moving The Last of Us 2 to a PS5, and the people who have a PS4pro are getting the second-best experience.

You bet you ASS that would be a genuine hit to cows, and I would be pointing that out.

They advertised the game, right around the time they advertised the PS4pro that I bought. Sony would absolutely take heat for it. And deservedly so.

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Exactly :D 

It's pretty much the exact same situation.. except I'm sure that $400 isn't nearly as big of a deal as $500 :roll: 

Just now, jehurey said:

If there's a report that Sony is moving The Last of Us 2 to a PS5, and the people who have a PS4pro are getting the second-best experience.

You bet you ASS that would be a genuine hit to cows, and I would be pointing that out.

They advertised the game, right around the time they advertised the PS4pro that I bought. Sony would absolutely take heat for it. And deservedly so.

Why would it be some kind of hit? The game that would be gotten is exactly what it would have always been. It's not suddenly devalued because it's releasing in conjunction or also on a next-gen console.

Your Pro version would be the same in either situation. You make no sense, you're irrational. 

Nobody would give a shit dude lmao..  The people that actually care... have NO ISSUES spending $500 again 2 years later lmao.

It's YOU who thinks that's some huge dig against people.. lmao.

Again.. most people would trade in their PROs for a PS5 if they cared that much.  In fact.. I'm sure the people with PROs are HOPING that happens, and that the game is pushed even further.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Why would it be some kind of hit? The game that would be gotten is exactly what it would have always been. It's not suddenly devalued because it's releasing in conjunction or also on a next-gen console.

Your Pro version would be the same in either situation. You make no sense, you're irrational. 

No.

They sold me on buying that Playstation because they ANNOUNCED upcoming PS4 projects.

Dude.........all I need to say is:

Twilight Princess being moved from Gamecube to Wii.

Please.......please get someone here who wants to retroactively say "that wasn't a big deal" 

Nobody would give a shit dude lmao..  The people that actually care... have NO ISSUES spending $500 again 2 years later lmao.

It's YOU who thinks that's some huge dig against people.. lmao.

Again.. most people would trade in their PROs for a PS5 if they cared that much.  In fact.. I'm sure the people with PROs are HOPING that happens, and that the game is pushed even further.

You guys are now changing your argument to "we make enough money that its no big deal"

Little too late to shift over to that.

You guys are now changing your argument to "we make enough money that its no big deal"

Little too late to shift over to that.

Uh no.  It's no big deal because it's no big deal.  If it is to you.. that's your issue.  You of course didn't buy the PS4 until the PRO... and you're lecturing people who bought PS4's, PRO's and will buy PS5....about how important it is to them... come the fuck on :D 

The whole "you've spent $1000 on Xboxes LOLOL" is the stupidest shit ever.  Fanboys don't give a fuck about that shit.  That is literally NOTHING money..

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Uh no.  It's no big deal because it's no big deal.  If it is to you.. that's your issue.  You of course didn't buy the PS4 until the PRO... and you're lecturing people who bought PS4's, PRO's and will buy PS5....about how important it is to them... come the fuck on :D 

The whole "you've spent $1000 on Xboxes LOLOL" is the stupidest shit ever.  Fanboys don't give a fuck about that shit.  That is literally NOTHING money..

No.

The "money isn't an issue" tactic is not something you can use to get out of any argument.

You simply were not saying this when we were typing "you spent $1000 on Xboxes LOLOL"

You're saying it now. Because you can't defend this any other way.

I just got 3 different people to declare to me that the Xbox One X was a $500 "in-betweener."

Never saw an "in-betweener"  piece of hardware get so much hype coverage and threads by its fanboys for almost 16 months from June 2016 to October 2017.

"not a big deal" it turns out.

Edited by jehurey
Just now, Jon2B said:

Jerry running around like grown ups need to save for a  year to buy a 500 dollar console. Just because he cant support himself he thinks nobody can LOL

Yikes, so all three of you can't defend what Microsoft is doing.

So, you now resort to the "money ain't no THANG" argument.

Welp, I guess I just helped Remij win all of his future PC arguments against you.