Pokemon Direct tomorrow at 9am EST

Never played a Pokémon RPG... I have the  Let's go demo but that's the extent of it. 

If they make this into a full on Action RPG game with an open world like Zelda and hunting Pokémon is like hunting for hidden Shrines etc. 

I'm down for that :whoo:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Never played a Pokémon RPG... I have the  Let's go demo but that's the extent of it. 

If they make this into a full on Action RPG game with an open world like Zelda and hunting Pokémon is like hunting for hidden Shrines etc. 

I'm down for that :whoo:

lol, this is gamefreak. they'll upscale whatever they did on 3ds and it'll run at 25 fps and call it a day. least ambitious/technically competent company out there.

Just now, Casual said:

lol, this is gamefreak. they'll upscale whatever they did on 3ds and it'll run at 25 fps and call it a day. least ambitious/technically competent company out there.

Isn't this supposed to be the first console 3D Pokémon RPG game? 

Nintendo tends to go all out when a  major franchise transitions fully to console and or fully into 3D.

Mario 64

Zelda OOT

Metroid Prime 

Hopefully Pokémon gets that type of makeover........ or you could be right and it's just not a major change to the franchise. 

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Nintendo tends to go all out when a  major franchise transitions fully to console and or fully into 3D.

Mario 64

Zelda OOT

Metroid Prime 

Hopefully Pokémon gets that type of makeover........ or you could be right and it's just not a major change to the franchise. 

Game Freak isn't talented enough to make something like Zelda or Xenoblade.  There's been no indication that Nintendo is having Monolith help them build out their world, either.  My guess is we'll see something that looks visuall similar to Town, which would be perfect in style for pokemon, but I wouldn't expect an open world on Monolith's level.

25 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Mario 64

Zelda OOT

Metroid Prime 

yeah, it's not nintendo though unfortunately. and gamefreak kinda just does whatever the hell they want. 

8 minutes ago, Casual said:

Maybe it was just the video but it looked like it was running at 15fps which is pretty rough considering the graphics lol.

Still a long ways out. I'll be exploring Galar region for sure, though.