What are you picking up in March ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vietnamese kids.

I've tried some of the souls games . No no .    And I doubt I'd be able to beat ninja gaiden now . I'd get frustrated and quit .

I'll gamefly it 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jon2B said:

I'm playing RDR and Metro right now , still didn't get to play re2 yet either and I might continue on with Anthem .

I guess the question will be ,

DMC vs Sekiro , or both ? 

I'm trying to keep a 2 game at a time play schedule but I'm sure I'll beat metro in the next week .

Anything else notable in March ?

If you have to choose one... definitely Sekiro.  But if you can, definitely both. B) 

For me, definitely

Sekiro

DMC5

Dead or Alive 6

I'm gonna try The Division 2 beta tonight and see how that goes.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

And these do have English language options, correct?

Also, anymore VR modes for PS4? :ready:

Yes the Asia release is multi-language, the one I linked you to. The Japan version is Japanese only. Also yes it will have the PS4 VR mode. 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

If you have to choose one... definitely Sekiro.  But if you can, definitely both. B) 

For me, definitely

Sekiro

DMC5

Dead or Alive 6

I'm gonna try The Division 2 beta tonight and see how that goes.

Sekiro might be too hardcore for me , I'll wait to reviews 

3 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Sekiro might be too hardcore for me , I'll wait to reviews 

You're almost 80 years old, been playing games since the 1970s and you're scared of some video game's difficulty. :pffft:

It's not going to be any harder than Ninja Gaiden on OG Xbox. Grow a pair. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It has the resurrection mechanic so it might be more forgiving for a person like you. 

The game's challenge is built with that in mind lol...

Apparently it's going to have to be used strategically to overcome the games later challenges.

Anyway Jon... to you I say... challenge yourself man.  The first souls-like game you play will give you an amazing sense of accomplishment after beating it.  Trust me.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Apparently it's going to have to be used strategically to overcome the games later challenges.

Anyway Jon... to you I say... challenge yourself man.  The first souls-like game you play will give you an amazing sense of accomplishment after beating it.  Trust me.

The Souls games aren't even that hard really. You just need to take your time, can't rush a mob of enemy and agro everyone at once while activating traps.

Take it slow, play it safe and it's not that hard. It's some of the most fair 'difficult' games out there. It's not Ghosts n Goblins cheap/hard, ffs.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I've tried some of the souls games . No no . 

And I doubt I'd be able to beat ninja gaiden now . I'd get frustrated and quit .

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I've tried some of the souls games . No no . 

And I doubt I'd be able to beat ninja gaiden now . I'd get frustrated and quit .

this. i don't have the same patience/threshold for difficulty i used to have. i too beat gaiden. hell, i beat deadly towers on the nes with 0 cheats. i was hardcore as fuck when i was a kid.  

32 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The Souls games aren't even that hard really. You just need to take your time, can't rush a mob of enemy and agro everyone at once while activating traps.

Take it slow, play it safe and it's not that hard. It's some of the most fair 'difficult' games out there. It's not Ghosts n Goblins cheap/hard, ffs.

Yea for sure.  They aren't that bad.. it really just depends how reckless and impatient you are.  If you're observant, then things become easier still.

That's the right way to say it... Souls games are fair in their difficulty for the most part.  Besides some cheap shots every once in a while, if you fuck it up, 95% of the time it's your own fault and you just have to take a different more cautious approach.

One thing about Sekiro though Jon, is that although it has skill trees, it's not anywhere close to the kind of customization and styles the Souls games have (though it definitely has "builds" within the skill tree... but it mostly comes down to execution and using your move sets effectively rather than building up experience to boost stats and damage.

IMO, this is going to be the FROM game with the best combat by far.  Also traversal is going to be much more fun in this game.  If the story and lore are as interesting and fun to uncover as past Souls games... this could definitely be their best yet. :whew: 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea for sure.  They aren't that bad.. it really just depends how reckless and impatient you are.  If you're observant, then things become easier still.

That's the right way to say it... Souls games are fair in their difficulty for the most part.  Besides some cheap shots every once in a while, if you fuck it up, 95% of the time it's your own fault and you just have to take a different more cautious approach.

One thing about Sekiro though Jon, is that although it has skill trees, it's not anywhere close to the kind of customization and styles the Souls games have (though it definitely has "builds" within the skill tree... but it mostly comes down to execution and using your move sets effectively rather than building up experience to boost stats and damage.

IMO, this is going to be the FROM game with the best combat by far.  Also traversal is going to be much more fun in this game.  If the story and lore are as interesting and fun to uncover as past Souls games... this could definitely be their best yet. :whew: 

Bloodborne is still my GOTG and I'm thoroughly convinced Sekiro will top it. So hype.