HDR >>> Ray Tracing

15 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

They're going optimize the process further, probably add more capable hardware that will make it take less resources. Its a bit early, but its obviously coming.

I liked the reflection demos, but the lighting thing isnt that impressive imo in Metro.

No way.  The lighting is way more impressive.. so far from the games we have.

Once again, I feel like I'm about 3 years ahead of the rest of the forum when it comes to understand why this shit is great.

You guys will get there though... your favorite console just needs to do it first :] 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmm, I think we need to wait until we see Ray Tracing used on a regular basis. 

Yeah, I'm just saying, when it launched it was easy to say: "Oh well, 3 games use it, and the others due out will need a dedicated card. FLOP."     Meanwhile RTX currently has just a fe

Loves HDR but hasn't played any of the best implementation of HDR in games cause they are mostly Sony first party games 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Hmm, I think we need to wait until we see Ray Tracing used on a regular basis. 

This is SW after all. Where opinions are simultaneously instantly formed, and yet never occurred in the first place, because it was taken out of context.  th_monoben_final.png

3 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

This is SW after all. Where opinions are simultaneously instantly formed, and yet never occurred in the first place, because it was taken out of context.  th_monoben_final.png

There's like 2 more games coming this year with ray tracing LOL

3 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

There's like 2 more games coming this year with ray tracing LOL

PhysX flopped too when it first launched - hell they tried to sell Hermits an actual PCI card just to handle the physics in the game th_mysmilie_1871.gif

Similarly, very few games used it to begin with. Now PhysX is in dozens of games and no separate card is required to handle the actual physics.

Jon said 4K was a gimmick and hardly an improvement about 6 years back when I first got a 4K monitor and was talking about how great it was...  Now he's all about the 4K and anything else is garbo.

I'm expecting the same thing with regards to ray tracing. :francis:

2 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

PhysX flopped too when it first launched - hell they tried to sell Hermits an actual PCI card just to handle the physics in the game th_mysmilie_1871.gif

Similarly, very few games used it to begin with. Now PhysX is in dozens of games and no separate card is required to handle the actual physics.

PhysX is in MOST games these days... chances are if it's not using havok, it's using PhysX... and that's regardless of console or PC.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

PhysX is in MOST games these days... chances are if it's not using havok, it's using PhysX.

Yeah, I'm just saying, when it launched it was easy to say: "Oh well, 3 games use it, and the others due out will need a dedicated card. FLOP."

Meanwhile RTX currently has just a few games that take advantage of it, but Generation 1 is always rough - even the first fake tits in the 80's were :facep:, now they're like :diddy:.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Advanced PhysX is a gimmick as well . So is hair works . Nvidia hbfk 

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Jon said 4K was a gimmick and hardly an improvement about 6 years back when I first got a 4K monitor and was talking about how great it was...  Now he's all about the 4K and anything else is garbo.

I'm expecting the same thing with regards to ray tracing. :francis:

4k is nice but I'm still fine with 108060 on PC .

Ray tracing will have no future . How long do we have to wait ? Release rtx cards and MONTHS later there are 2 games that support it ....poorly LOL

30 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

4k is nice but I'm still fine with 108060 on PC .

Ray tracing will have no future . How long do we have to wait ? Release rtx cards and MONTHS later there are 2 games that support it ....poorly LOL

Ok 46362181421_15403f937a_o.png

Ray/path tracing is definitely the future... developers have been trying to work in fake implementations for years now. However, it is infant and no one is really adopting it at the moment. It'll be a good 2-3 years before it becomes a normal thing. Right now HDR is definitely more impressive (when done right) than better reflections on a puddle of water I'll never pay attention to. With that being said NVIDIA's RTX line of graphics cards are definitely a massive flop.

12 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Loves HDR but hasn't played any of the best implementation of HDR in games cause they are mostly Sony first party games :feelsbadman:

HDR isn't going to make me plays games I have no interest playing. God you are DUMB