RemijTX confirmed a total flop

The best thing about this... is that, just like I predicted, console fags and AMD fanfags will be all over RT now... I'm already seeing it in ResetERA and GAF threads  :tom: 

RTX Off... Hypocrisy On :hest: 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm talking about you trying to justify your purchase.  I told your clown ass to skip this generation and what did you do? You bent right over and let NVIDIA stick that 2080 Ti right up your ass.  

RTX was a massive flop.

'Member when Deeno rage quit the forum?   

25 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The best thing about this... is that, just like I predicted, console fags and AMD fanfags will be all over RT now... I'm already seeing it in ResetERA and GAF threads  :tom: 

RTX Off... Hypocrisy On :hest: 

Because Nvidia's proposition for it was so terrible it was a turnoff for any sane person looking at what they offered. 

10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Because Nvidia's proposition for it was so terrible it was a turnoff for any sane person looking at what they offered. 

Completely and factually false.  You have no understanding of the tech.  Just stop :smilecry: 

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Completely and factually false.  You have no understanding of the tech.  Just stop :smilecry: 

It's completely accurate, the tech was never the problem. Having to spend $400 - $500 extra on forced indoctrination into the hardware scheme was. It's Gsync's faggotry all over again, tacking $100 onto monitor costs for a technology your competitor is doing for free... 

Want a new generation of GPU? Want the fastest card to date which is a natural evolution on the compute of the previous? Sure you can have it, but for $500 more than it should actually cost.

They not only made themselves look like idiots, they diminished the surface viability and want for the tech by making it not only appear half baked and poorly supported but also absurdly expensive. They fucked the reveal of the tech and fucked their consumer base all in one by price locking their upgrade out of their purchasing demographic.

Stop being an Nvidiot. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's completely accurate, the tech was never the problem. Having to spend $400 - $500 extra on forced indoctrination into the hardware scheme was. Want a new generation of GPU? Want the fastest card to date which is a natural evolution on the compute of the previous? Sure you can have it, but for $500 more than it should actually cost.

They not only made themselves look like idiots, they diminished the surface viability and want for the tech by making it not only appear half baked and poorly supported but also absurdly expensive. They fucked the reveal of the tech and fucked their consumer base all in one by price locking their upgrade out of their purchasing demographic.

Stop being an Nvidiot. 

No it's fucking NOT at all dude.. :D 

"forced indoctrination" :tom: 

You're so butthurt about Nvidia... and you hold this viewpoint because you are ignorant as to what's going on... and this is furthered by this tech demo which you're clinging onto for dear life as a basis to compound your point. :D 

It's extremely telling how ignorant you are about the technology when you base most of the "ownage" of this as "we can do it too... and for nothing"... Because anyone who's known anything about this technology knows that it can be done on anything... Nvidia nor anyone else ever claimed it was ONLY possible to do on RTX hardware.  What IS only possible on RTX hardware, is HARDWARE BASED accelerated RT.

And you're going to see AMD come with their own... but probably not in time for next gen consoles.

Again... you're going to see... the differential between the two when performance is revealed... 

Just now, Remij_ said:

No it's fucking NOT at all dude.. :D 

You're so butthurt about Nvidia... and you hold this viewpoint because you are ignorant as to what's going on... and this is furthered by this tech demo which you're clinging onto for dear life as a basis to compound your point. :D 

It's extremely telling how ignorant you are about the technology when you base most of the "ownage" of this as "we can do it too... and for nothing"... Because anyone who's known anything about this technology knows that it can be done on anything... Nvidia nor anyone else ever claimed it was ONLY possible to do on RTX hardware.  What IS only possible on RTX hardware, is HARDWARE BASED accelerated RT.

And you're going to see AMD come with their own... but probably not in time for next gen consoles.

Again... you're going to see... the differential between the two when performance is revealed... 

*I must rationalize spending an additional $500 on this paperweight*

:aitch:

7 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Why are people bitching about RTX's price when Remij can clearly afford this stuff. If you're whining about price, you're just not the target audience.

You don't seem to understand, they took their target audience and shit on them.

Well that video looks like they bolted on ray-traced reflection on just the windows and the surface of the drone, and nothing else. And some things didn't even give out reflections.

More importantly, there felt like there was no soft-lighting, its supposed to be a wet rainy area, why don't the brick walls have more of a sheen and reflect more light?

It doesn't look like universal ray-tracing like what nVidia shows.  The Quake game that had raytracing applied to it was really informational because it shows you where raytracing improves "regular" textures in ways you weren't expecting, not just things like reflection-surfaces. Light bounces around stone walls.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Well that video looks like they bolted on ray-traced reflection on just the windows and the surface of the drone, and nothing else. And some things didn't even give out reflections.

More importantly, there felt like there was no soft-lighting, its supposed to be a wet rainy area, why don't the brick walls have more of a sheen and reflect more light?

It doesn't look like universal ray-tracing like what nVidia shows.  The Quake game that had raytracing applied to it was really informational because it shows you where raytracing improves "regular" textures in ways you weren't expecting, not just things like reflection-surfaces. Light bounces around stone walls.

Diffused reflections doesn't mean there's a lack of reflections, it's not that they're missing they're simply not specular.  

Wet pavement for example would have a diffused reflection unless there was a pooling of water. 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Diffused reflections doesn't mean there's a lack of reflections, it's not that they're missing they're simply not specular.  

Wet pavement for example would have a diffused reflection unless there was a pooling of water. 

There's very clearly missing reflections.

TBH I don't think ray tracing made a big difference. I could tell it was in use, but nothing from it ever made me say, wow, this is awesome! IT was more like, oh, I think I see the difference. ITs probably more pronounced at higher resolutions. The 2060 is barely a card that can handle it, and it probably wont be able to in future games.

Good thing ray tracing is a FLOP and there are no games coming that support it THHBO

11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Just look at the bullet shells ffs :D 

There's 4 shells in direct view of the puddles which have specular reflections, the other three shells are in a position on wet but unpooled pavement so any reflection they may or may not have would be diffused and given the light source, angle/positioning you might not see any reflection. 

That's a close up on purpose, I doubt one of their closest up scenes would be physically inaccurate. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!

47345448402_777659d4ef_o.png

How the fuck can the shell on the far right reflect at this angle, and yet the next one over doesn't... but yet reflects the scenery above it???  ROFL  please..

And no... you can see as the shot pans that the specular diffused reflections simply aren't there for the shells... not anywhere.  Look at the shell in the middle... you can see the red hue from the BACKGROUND reflection in the specular below it... but not the shell casing reflection..

It's completely wrong...

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

47345448402_777659d4ef_o.png

How the fuck can the shell on the far right reflect at this angle, and yet the next one over doesn't... but yet reflects the scenery above it???  ROFL  please..

And no... you can see as the shot pans that the specular diffused reflections simply aren't there for the shells... not anywhere.  Look at the shell in the middle... you can see the red hue from the BACKGROUND reflection in the specular below it... but not the shell casing reflection..

It's completely wrong...

It's all relative to the surface below it.